Junior Field Agronomist - South Africa
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Want to make a difference in our world by meeting the challenges of feeding and powering a growing planet?
- Enjoy a challenging and fulfilling career with an international employer.
- Our company has business operations in more than 90 countries, and is committed to increasing food production with high quality brand products and agronomic knowledge that maximizes agricultural productivity.
- By combining conventional and advanced plant genetics, our company is delivering solutions to help meet the needs of a growing population’s demand for agricultural seeds.
- Work with Nasional Agronomy Manager (NAM) to provide information and education/training to field sales force on product characteristics, product positioning and crop management practices.
- Have a working knowledge in areas such as grain end use opportunities, nutrition, management, industrial uses of company brand products, seed technologies and company product offerings in relation to seed.
- Train field sales force methods to handle service calls to enhance selling activities and complaints handling process.
- Efficiently and effectively transfer technical knowledge to sales field force by developing materials, manuals, structured sessions and provide ongoing bulletins and seminars.
- Provide, assistance, training and problem solving for customers.
- Build relationships with customers.
- Resolve customer service calls involving product performance and/or agronomic issues.
- Provide service and information to customers, prospects and farm managers through various methods and mediums (e.g. crop updates, customer agronomy meetings, large operator meetings, crop demo plots, field days, service calls and sales calls with NAM and/or sales field force.)
- Assist with sales calls as needed.
- Collect information/notes and observations related to the performance of company brand seed products and associated technologies.
- Provide overall performance evaluations on company seed products.
- Coordinate district Product Knowledge Plots and Agronomy Trial programs with NAM and the field sales force.
- Provide liaison between field sales and research.
- Prepare trial results and data for presentation at HAM, actively take part in Hybrid Advancement Meeting (HAM).
- Actively involved in generating demand for seed.
- Assist in building strong relationships with local universities and governmental agencies.
- Work as a team member to enhance area success through the building of area sales strategies and plans including product line estimates and product planning.
- Assist in building and maintaining strong relationships with customers, end users, and other industry representatives.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of: Crop production/cultural practices.
- Our company offerings and competitive product/service offerings; local Ag markets; value chain and production practices, and company product offerings in relation to seed Selling & marketing tools and techniques; Environmental, regulatory, and stewardship issues of & company competitive products at the local/regional level. Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in: Teaching/training. Selling, negotiating, influencing and presenting.
- Conflict resolution and handling objections.
- Using computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports, territory plans, access company info and complete administrative duties.
- Collecting, interpreting & communicating product, market, customer & competitive data.
- Demonstrated ability to: Build/maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers, company internal partners and teammates.
- Work effectively within a team environment. Lead and influence projects and coach individuals in accomplishing defined objectives/goals.
- Understand the needs and values of partners and customers and develop solutions to satisfy/retain.
- Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles & finding creative solutions.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and operate within budget.
- Work in and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.