Junior Business Analyst - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Junior Business Analyst
Reports to: Business Operations Lead
Location: Milan, Italy
The Business Analyst will support BOL for quantitative and qualitative analytics providing product and customer information to the Italian Sales and Marketing teams and General Manager. The position will interact closely with the EMEA and Global Business operations team.
- Identify and recommend Key Performance Indicators (such as sales trend, coverage of target, concentration curve) to describe and better understand trend, variances and performance
- Develop a set of analysis to dive into the data and highlight business insight useful and relevant to internal stakeholders like emerging product trends, common behaviors of customers…
- Optimize existing reports improving usability and structure
- Run standard periodic reports (sales trend, report on Field force Activity, coverage of customer target and frequency of visits…)
- Support business decisions of Sales and Marketing team providing them with innovative dashboards, advanced statistical and visualizing tool (Geographical visualization of performance, interactive graphs and dashboards…).
- Support the BOL and Sales and Marketing department in developing innovative forecasting models to evaluate current and future business. To deliver qualitative models uses advanced statistical tools (including time series analysis, deviation analysis…)
- Act as local data steward being responsible of the correctness and coherence of information provided internally, ensuring the appropriate correction process where necessary.
- Customer Relationship Management Tool:
- Maintain correct functionality of the VEEVA CRM and Spotfire reporting systems and ensure good quality of data stored into them.
- Design and conduct local training for new employees. Plan and deliver update sessions when necessary.
- Collect enhancement requests from users and manage appropriate system updates with EMEA and Global team.
- Manage autonomously the troubleshooting of the system (require corrections of bugs, monitor reporting on status, manage recovery and temporary plan for long term resolutions..)
- 2+ years analytical and reporting experience; preferably in Management Consulting Industry
- Fluent in English as mandatory
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel and Power Point . Preferred knowledge of Access and SAP and statistical packages
- Preferred experience with VEEVA (or other CRM) and Spotfire (or similar data visualization technology).
- Strong communication skill
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in modelling and dashboard preparation
- Degree preferably in Statistics, Economics, Finance or Computer Science.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.