Jr. Technician Analytical Development (PD support) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
uniQure is dedicated to bring innovative therapies or unmet medical needs to patients. In doing so each function in uniQure is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working life by (i) living up to high quality standards and (ii) by recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
Purpose of the role
The Junior Technician Analytical Development – PD support will be responsible for the routine analytical testing to support the Process Development (PD) department.
The core tasks will be focused on performing existing assays and adopt newly developed assays in order to generate the information needed for optimization, upscaling and further development of uniQure’s AAV production platform.
Overall, the Junior Technician Analytical Development – PD support should have affinity with (biotechnological-) processes as well as with (bio-) analytics, and reports to the PD support Lead within AD.
Place in the Organization
Analytical Development is covering important areas in generating value of uniQures’ AAV-based products. First, the department is responsible for developing and implementing product specific assays to ensure the quality of uniQure’s products. Second, the department develops and implements assays to monitor function and safety of uniQure’s products during non-clinical development, clinical development and beyond MAA. Finally, the development operates closely with the Process Development (PD) department, providing the analytics needed for further optimization and development of uniQure’s AAV production platform.
Key result areas (major duties, accountabilities and responsibilities)
- Perform routine testing (biological assays and physical/chemical testing) on samples generated during process development
- Testing raw materials, in-process samples and end products
- Manage special projects and requests
- Proper documentation of analytical results
- Proper planning of analytical work to ensure maximum efficiency
- Trending of test method performance and updating procedures if needed
- Generate standard reports of analytical results within the Analytical Development team, participation in troubleshooting
Qualifications & Skills
- MLO in a Life Sciences-related field (biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology) or in (bio)process technology, with affinity for both
- Proven scientific or technological background
- Strong experience in molecular biology techniques (plasmid purification and analysis, PCR, QPCR, DNA electrophoresis, western blotting, cellular biology techniques (culturing of insect and human cells) and biochemical analyses
- Experience with virus work is a pre
- Working experience is preferred but not a must
- Fluency in English, written and verbal communication skills
- Integer: accurate, organized, dependable, proactive, motivated, flexible
- Detail oriented: strong analytical skills, critical
- Planning and organizing: ability to plan own workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Pro-active: signals problems, recognizes important information, traces possible causes of problems, thinks about and implements new working methods or new applications, brings forward original solutions for problems related to the department and function
- Co-operative: ability and drive to work within an interdisciplinary (project) team, good written and spoken communication skills, ability and willingness to work in a high-demanding fast-changing environment