MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join our Information Technology group in Prague. As part of that team, you will help launch our new IT Global Innovation Center focused on developing and applying advanced capabilities in information sciences, information security, mobility, social media and big data. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology, specifically in the area of early drug discovery. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment. Overall, our new Global Innovation Center in Prague offers technology professionals incredible opportunities to learn from others across the globe, to challenge themselves, and to enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
• Become active member of team building leading edge applications in the Scientific Domain and services in the genetics, genomics, big data, analytics and mobility spaces
• Responsible for bringing user experience, usability, and design to the mobile and desktop user experiences of those services
• Engage in visualization and multiple service "mash up" application design
• Understand and engage with world-class scientists in the research space
What you will learn
• Various technologies for building mobile and web applications
• How to build modern and quality applications within complex enterprise environment
• Communicate and keep a close connection to business stakeholders
• Competitive salary
• Position in a leading global company
• Challenging career
• Professional growth based on performance
• Innovative working environment
• Wide range of benefits
To learn more about MSD please visit www.msdit.cz
What we need from you
• Open minded and eager to learn mindset
• Passion to create quality User Experiences
• Interest in newest technologies and willingness to learn
• Willingness to work with different technologies
• Ability and willingness to work through the entire application development lifecycle, particularly:
• user research
• shaping the user stories
• quality assurance on different levels (unit, integration, UI, E2E testing)
• documentation and administration (we are in a regulated industry, sorry )
• release management
We are especially happy if you have experience in one or more of the followings:
• Education: MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent work experience, with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience.
• Exposure to biotechnology or life sciences like Molecular Biology is a big plus.
• Usability, user experience, testing, instrumentation and measurement experience
• Keen interest in building next-gen user interfaces and bleeding-edge UX
• Attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
• Ability to understand strategic IT goals in order to be able to execute own tasks in support of technology integration initiatives.
• Ability to work independently with excellent communication skills that cross language/culture/geographic boundaries.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Genetics, Biotech, Scientific, Front End, Engineer, Science, Engineering, Technology