- The Screener Development team creates and maintains scientific software products.
- Continuous progress in science means that these products constantly evolve and many new features are added with every release.
- This requires solid software architecture and continuous evolution.
- Best software development practices such as test driven development or clean code are therefore not only buzzwords for us but key factors for our long term success.
- As part of the development team you will be wearing all the hats.
- You will be delighting users by developing new features, removing complications by designing a meaningful User Experience,
- saving someone's day by fixing bugs,
- changing someone's life by understanding their problem and creating a solution that works, saving the support people a lot of trouble by heavily testing our software,
- teaching new users by writing readable documentation,
- figuring out why remote streams stop working after 8MB of data,
- taking your fellow developers to the next level by creating development tools,
- rejoicing when you finally make complex code understandable, giving power to our customers by designing public APIs.
- We are looking for developers who are interested in writing beautiful code and build great products that make a difference. In all these your ideas and your creativity matters.
- Develop new functionality according to a product backlog
- Maintain product
- Explore new technologies
- Work on professional service projects
- BSc, MSc, or Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics, or related fields
- At least three years of professional experience in product development
- Expert knowledge in Java
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Front-end technologies such as Swing, SWT or JavaFX
- Modern web technologies such as Angular or React
- Building tools such as Gradle, Gulp, or NodeJS/NPM
- Our company is an exceptional company. With nearly two decades of success in research informatics using closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, our company has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception
- As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution.
- Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in discovery informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences.