This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- the screener development team creates and maintains scientific software products.
- continuous progress in science means that these products constantly evolve and many new features are added with every release.
- this requires solid software architecture and continuous evolution.
- best Software Development practices such as test driven development or clean code are therefore not only buzzwords for us but key factors for our long term success.
- as part of the development team you will be wearing all the hats.
- you will be delighting users by developing new features, removing complications by designing a meaningful user experience,
- saving someone's day by fixing bugs,
- changing someone's life by understanding their problem and creating a solution that works, saving the support people a lot of trouble by heavily Testing our software,
- Teaching new users by writing readable Documentation,
- figuring out why remote streams stop working after 8mb of data,
- taking your fellow developers to the next level by creating development tools,
- rejoicing when you finally make complex code understandable, giving power to our customers by designing public apis.
- we are looking for developers who are interested in writing beautiful code and build great products that make a difference. in all these your ideas and your creativity matters.
- develop new functionality according to a product backlog
- maintain product
- explore new technologies
- work on professional service projects
essential skills and experience:
- bsc, MSc, or ph.d. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related fields
- at least three years of professional experience in Product Development
- Expert knowledge in Java
- excellent Communication and presentation skills
additional preferred skills and experience:
- front-end technologies such as swing, swt or javafx
- modern web technologies such as angular or react
- building tools such as gradle, gulp, or nodejs/npm
- our company is an exceptional company. with nearly two decades of success in Research Informatics using closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, our company has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception
- as a private and majority Employee-owned organization, we empower each Employee to be a contributing voice in the company Operations and evolution.
- our collective expertise in Research Informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in Discovery Informatics for biotech, Pharmaceuticals, and related Life Sciences.
Find a Job Find Candidates