IT Workplace Services Specialist - Global Infrastructure Operations - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Business Strategy Alignment
Engage with business partners to assess IT requirements, the GIO Workplace Service Specialist will be required to participate in developing IT solutions and issuing technical recommendations that are consistent with overall IT global strategy.
- Ensure infrastructure systems remain audit ready (EHS, Financial & GxP).
- Ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with company's requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
- Maintain competency in company’s regulatory standards training.
- Participate in regulatory audits as required by business.
- Provide governance over local IT spend for IT software, hardware and services where relevant.
- Liaise with relevant global and local functional groups to provide operating systems support, backup and restore capability and data protection on site related server resources.
- Responsible for working with the local business partners in the installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of server resources at site.
- Assess use of local servers; work with business areas on exceptions, migration strategies.
- Assist with providing help desk support for end users either in person or via remote connection.
- Work with other IT teams and third parties to report and resolve IT incidents using standard ITSM methodology.
- Act as an escalation point for site based users in relation to IT incidents and requests.
- Inform and educate site users on various IT solutions provided by the Global Helpdesk.
- Process financial transactions and manage 3rd party suppliers, service delivery, service levels and budgets (as required).
File & Print Management
Collaborate with 3rd party hardware providers and company global print team to manage and support printers at site.
Networking & Telephony Management
- Assess local network requirement in alignment with business strategy.
- Manage and maintain the site network infrastructure in collaboration with the global network support teams.
- Provide local support for the telephony and videoconferencing systems at site.
Client Device Management
- Manage the demand for and deployment of client devices.
- Maintain client device inventories.
- Work with global client computing teams to ensure optimum service from client equipment at site.
- On-board deskside support staff for PC and laptop commissioning, troubleshooting, maintenance and inventory management.
- Instruct deskside support staff on appropriate user identity and access management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Certifications in Microsoft/Cisco/VMware technologies are preferable.
- ITIL or PMI Certification or equivalent is desirable.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, and provide timely and responsive services to the business stakeholders.
- Adapt to fast-paced changes and to independently learn new technologies and skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills;
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively in diverse teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with IT Infrastructure technologies/standards such as client and server operating systems, Layer2 and 3 network devices, network cabling specifications.
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff.
- Working knowledge of the SDLC methodology and various regulatory requirements relating to IT infrastructure is preferred.
- Experience with a broad set of IT technologies, preferably from a highly technical and highly regulated industry (manufacturing, energy, automation).
- 5 years or more experience in an IT service delivery position with a particular emphasis on the installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of computer systems and networks.
- Service management and support experience in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Supply, Animal Health, Law, Operations, Veterinary, Legal