IT Training Specialist - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Adhere to the IT change management methodology for IT projects as it relates to training.
- Develop and assess training programs, incorporating necessary change and/or global impacts into core approach / methodology as appropriate.
- Establish formalized training curriculum and implement for large, complex systems or processes, i.e. SAP.
- Develop training tools & templates and provide input on how best to integrate templates into the IT PLC2 (project life cycle), as appropriate.
- Support definition of training service offerings and how to evaluate the scope of training consistently on IT projects.
- Identify, recommend, and create business cases, and implement tools and technologies to support training initiatives.
- Improve adoption related to change efforts through project training efforts.
- Support development of a training effort evaluation for IT projects.
- Lead multiple training efforts, including complex, global deliveries.
- Provide training activities to be incorporated into overall project plans.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted training plans – including training strategy, training plan, course curriculum, facilities assessment and user mapping.
- Work closely with business partners to better understand specific training requirements.
- Demonstrate cross functional collaboration by developing necessary partnerships to achieve robust and repeatable training.
- Execute training assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Utilize communication channels with the key teams, stakeholders, and others (vendors, partners, etc.) to ensure successful implementation.
- Utilize quality, consistency, and alignment in key messaging.
- Manage training efforts for projects, working to identify key users, provide required materials, track attendance and coordinate sessions working in partnership with the project team and business.
- Manage training logistics, including training communication, site facilities, training master schedule and language requirements.
- Lead and/or manage the update of training course materials including course outlines, presentations, guides and other reference materials
- Manage updates and maintenance of training materials and resources on any relevant community pages, training sites, project portals or learning management systems (LMS).
- Deliver progress reports on training efforts for assigned project.
- Track, report and manage training related issues for the project.
- Support creation of measurement mechanisms to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of end users and project post-mortem assessment of training.
- Support implementation of a training strategy for the IT organization that includes basic IT training and targeted role based training and approach for communicating training opportunities to the IT Organization.
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement of our existing IT communication processes.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, organizational behavior, business administration or related discipline.
- Experience: Five or more years related project delivery experience and minimum 3 year of experience in instructional design & delivery.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Other: Strong work ethic and effective communication skills. Managed large training deployment efforts. Ability to quickly build good working relationships. Excellent prioritization skills. SAP functional understanding strongly preferred. Experience using training development tools such as Adobe Captivate or uPerform preferred.
- Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must regularly communicate with employees/customers; must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.