IT Support Specialist - Global Infrastructure Operations - Ireland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Global Infrastructure Operations (GIO) IT Support Specialist is responsible for the support of the IT infrastructure ensuring that it is maintained within corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical direction to local staff.
- Provide 2nd line IT helpdesk support and manage interfaces with suppliers / corporate groups as appropriate.
- Identify trends in helpdesk calls and implement measures to proactively reduce them.
- Collaborate with 3rd party hardware providers and company global print team to support printers at site.
- Work with global client computing teams to ensure optimum service from client equipment at site.
- Perform PC and laptop commissioning, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Management and support of Mobile devices - (phones - Android, iOS platforms), iPads, tablets etc.
- Maintain the site network infrastructure in collaboration with the global network support teams.
- Provide local support for the telephony and videoconferencing systems at site.
- Responsible for resolution of redirected helpdesk cases\calls.
- Liaise with relevant global and local functional groups to provide operating systems support, backup and restore capability and data protection on site related server resources.
Maintenance and development of IT infrastructure
- Ensure systems are in place to manage user security.
- Develop performance monitoring activities to ensure availability of equipment is maintained.
- Participate in the project management of major upgrades to site environment.
Implementation of new IT systems and processes to support business requirements
- Participation in divisional and corporate projects as site technical representative within “OneIT” network.
- Provide IT technical input to system implementation projects.
- Identify and deliver projects to improve infrastructure.
- Ensure infrastructure systems remain audit ready (EHS, Financial & GxP).
- Attend and successfully complete applicable GxP training, including training in local operating procedures.
- Bringing to the attention of management any violation in cGMPs and/or other concerns which may affect the safety, efficacy, or purity of company products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Certifications in Microsoft/Cisco/VMware technologies are preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required for daily customer contact
- Ability to work effectively in diverse teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with IT Infrastructure technologies/standards such as client and server operating systems, Layer2 and 3 network devices, network cabling specifications.
- Strong customer focus.
- Experience with a broad set of IT technologies, preferably from a highly technical and highly regulated industry (manufacturing, energy, automation).
- 2-3 years or more experience in an IT service delivery position with a particular emphasis on the installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of computer systems and networks.
- Service management and support experience in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of the SDLC methodology and various regulatory requirements relating to IT infrastructure is preferred.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Law, Computer Science, Environmental Health & Safety, Operations, Legal, Technology, Healthcare