IT Service Management – Configuration Management Specialist Job - Czechia
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Join us in the digital health revolution and tackle biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. Become a member of our IT Global Innovation Center in the heart of Prague with innovative atmosphere and flat, friendly and collaborative environment. Create awesome digital products and enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
For more information please check our website: www.msdit.cz
You would join Global Service Management Office (SMO) – Master Data / Configuration Management function and collaborate with ITIL Process Owners, colleagues from Global Service Desk, Global Operations Center, Service Delivery/Transition, Infrastructure/Application Management and Suppliers to define, analyse, implement and sustain improvements in order to enable the delivery of quality IT services throughout the organization.
In a nutshell, we will want you to:
• Sustain logical model of configuration items (IT assets) stored in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to reflect new demands
• Provide data governance to maintain CIs through their lifecycle
• Assist IT stakeholders with any questions or requests they might have related to their master data
• Constantly monitor the quality of data and proactively address any data quality issues
• Provide feedback to Configuration Management process owner regarding opportunities to streamline and automate data maintenance process as much as possible
• Assist with testing of BMC Remedy system during major and minor releases that impact CMDB and Asset Management module
• Participate in projects to clean-up, update and enhance master data
• Provide assistance and direction for the associates in the team and other Date Stewards
• Ensure that service levels are maintained and requests are completed in a timely manner
Take it one step further and envision the future :
• Identify opportunities for improving the quality and use of master data for decision making
• Enable culture within IT organization where every asset owner is responsible for their master data and strives to keep it complete and accurate
We are looking for enthusiastic professional who:
• Has 2+ years of relevant work experience with Configuration Management
• Knowledge of System Development methodologies, IT Operation and ITIL Methodology
• Is able to apply Master Data Management techniques to steward IT Master Data
• Knowledge and experience with data analysis
• MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills as well as attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
• Is creative and able to think out of the box
• Is able to work well in a diverse and multicultural team environment and develop working relationships with multiple stakeholders
• Is a confident self-starter who is organized and is able to manage a number of competing priorities
Big advantage would be:
• Experience with BMC Suite of tools to support ITIL processes, including Atrium CMDB (Configuration Management Database) and Remedy Asset Management
• Knowledge of automated tools to maintain CMDB data such as BMC Discovery.
Besides a great atmosphere and flexible working environment, we also offer:
• Competitive remuneration
• Position in a world leading global company
• Challenging career
• Professional growth based on performance
• Innovative working environment
• Wide range of benefits
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Service Delivery/Management Job Title:IT Service Management – Configuration Management Specialist
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Service Manager, Manager, Engineer, Computer Science, Service Desk, Customer Service, Management, Engineering, Technology