IT Service Delivery Manager - Communications - United States
The IT Service Delivery Manager - Communications role is central in the delivery of a quality IT service to our global organization. This position will be responsible for leading requirements, technical support availability, and reliability of all voice, web-conferencing & video systems broadly deployed at Jazz (e.g., global voice platform, video conference, company all-hands presentations, WebEx)
This role is responsible for ensuring consistent delivery of communication services which will include training, testing, debugging, supporting, documentation, patching, and supporting audio, video and unified communications related solutions. This individual will interface with vendors and act as a point of contact for audio, video and unified communications platforms, communicate functional and technical application requirements and manage vendor services. This role will work to improve the quality of existing platforms and assist in the scoping the next generation solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
This person will combine past experiences and expertise with industry trends and best practices to bring rigor and repeatability into audio, video and unified communication environments. He/she will help mature the discipline of operations within the team and will evangelize the value of such discipline to the broader IT organization.
Specifically the Communications and Collaboration Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Provide third level support to diagnose audio, video and unified communications related issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Lead all global audio, voice and video conferencing meetings with overall ownership for user experience and successful meeting performance.
- Collaborate with first and second level support, Third Party vendors, and other teams on production system problems and communicate workarounds.
- Evangelize our platforms to users to help with adoption, success or general usage.
- Partnering with Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering to influence designs (to include video, audio, and networking) as part of the engineering design package, and coordinate the design review and change process with Operational team members and third party partners.
- Proactively troubleshooting devices and coordinating equipment and system repair/maintenance as required.
- Continuously monitor effectiveness of communication services, perform root cause analysis, develop and implement improvement plans
- Developing and maintaining procedures, standards and methods for team members and other colleagues.
- Partnering with clients, consultants, applications technologists, external stakeholders, and other I/S domains to understand business and systems requirements and identify communication and collaboration technologies and solutions needed to support the business.
- Sharing knowledge and assisting team members and other peers who are less experienced or knowledgeable in a specific technology.
- Assisting in monitoring and managing the health of solutions and services by utilizing available tools.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of industry developments and best practices in area of specialization.
- Participating in researching vendors, equipment, and software to support business needs.
- Coordinating AV support and audits to ensure accurate equipment and compliance.
- Responsible for the operational maintenance of the company’s global voice & video system standards.
- Lead monitoring and troubleshooting of voice carriers
- Identify, analyze, and drive problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating.
- Escalate issues and problems to external vendors and management as necessary, ensuring prompt and accurate resolution and appropriate visibility.
- Participates in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of technologies, software and solutions following established procedures and change control standards.
- Performs post-installation verification
- Perform day-to-day operations, general & preventive maintenance and tracking of inventory, room sweeps.
- Perform requests through to completion and follow-ups to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Accurately record, update and document Incidents and Service Requests using the IT Support Desk system (ServiceNow);
- Communicate and update relevant stakeholders regarding on-going operation of services, open incidents and problems and providing timelines for resolutions or upgrades.
- 5+ years’ experience with Cisco VoIP infrastructure systems (Cisco Unified Communications, Cisco Call manager, etc.) Including the current shipping versions
- 5+ years’ experience with Cisco Video infrastructure systems. (VCS, TMS, TCS, TPS)
- Global voice systems maintenance experience
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with other business partners and IT team members.
Additional Valuable Skills
- Working in environments with high adoption of Cloud technologies
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in client migrations and tools.
- ITIL Foundation level and above.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.