IT Senior SAP Analyst - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Senior IT Analyst position is part of the Integrated Core Solutions FTM (Finance) team responsible for projects and support of the Business Planning and Consolidations system (BPC) and other related applications including the design and configuration of BPC, it's integration with ECC 6.0 and 4.0B FI/CO modules, integration with other Finance applications and with Customer Facing, Supply Chain Planning, and Product Innovation as our Finance solution is integrated within other processes.
- Operates in a team lead capacity within the team, identifying and managing the deliverables of designated team members and working with those team members on their individual goals and development
- Participates in a cross-functional team environment; emphasis is on leading and supporting the implementation of BPC for Financial Planning and the design and implementation of a global Finance enterprise solution for Financial Planning.
- The incumbent of this position requires team-oriented participation in the leadership, planning and execution of all phases of the system development life cycle, including requirements gathering, writing technical specifications, system configuration, prototyping application design, build/configuration, testing, production roll-out, maintenance and related training. Provides integrated data, systems and technology solutions in support of business and regulatory requirements
- Develop expertise in BD's overall Finance functional process, with emphasis on the Financial Planning process including use of BPC and all complementary tools, and applies knowledge of BPC transactions in support of the functional business process teams and site teams.
- Uses the approved BD support methodology to ensure all assigned problem and change tickets are resolved by the assigned completion date. Provides appropriate documentation and maintains system integrity by following proper validation, testing and documentation to meet support requirements.
- Provides leadership in coordinating development requests and acts as a single interface to BPC and SAP Developers, Finance, and various project teams across IT.
- Provides leadership in coordinating Project and Production Support with Application Management Vendors (such as SAP)
- Guides users and the Finance organization in a consulting role and acts as their single point of contact to the entire IT organization.
- Provides technical leadership in the Finance community and assists in the alignment of business activities.
- Manages enhancements, support packages and upgrade projects by working with end users in gathering detailed requirements, analyzing business processes, design, configuration, documentation and testing using BD's Global Execution Framework methodology.
- Troubleshoots system problems and performs SAP Finance configuration to resolve production issues.
- Assists with the training of users on Finance business systems.
- Act as a project leader on Finance Projects. Provide leadership on BPC/ SAP solutions; Act as a point of contact for 3rd party vendors and Finance.
- Bachelors Degree
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience with the design, configuration and roll out of SAP BPC financial planning and consolidation modules with particular emphasis on financial planning.
- Working knowledge of Finance SAP processes and modules
- Good understanding and practical experience of the integration points between BPC and core SAP modules like FI/CO, SD, MM and PP.
- Must exhibit a strong process management orientation and strong business orientation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written (using Microsoft Office applications) and verbal are required for interaction with various levels of management and peers.
- CA/CPA, MBA or Masters in technical/business relevant field of study
- Working knowledge of BPC security module and or ABAP
- SAP ECC 6.0 Certification in FI/CO
- Practical experience of BW Query Design & Execution
- Experience of working in a finance function with exposure to month end close, financial analysis, budgeting and/or forecasting activities
- Experience operating in a team lead capacity, managing and developing others
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt experience
- Six Sigma Quality Certification