Responsible for leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. Leads a variety of different types of projects including systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, acquisition integration and application upgrades. Effectively leads project team to ensure successful project delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
- Responsible for planning, orchestrating and delivering given strategic initiatives.
- Ensure deliverables and project outcomes are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
- Manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed-on time, cost and quality parameters.
- Responsible for building, mobilizing and motivating project teams.
- Oversee organizational change management activities to ensure system adoption is maximized.
- Chair project Executive Steering Committee meetings to review progress, risks and issues with key constituents. Produces regular status reporting to IT Leadership.
- Manage project budgets and provides monthly financial forecasts.
- Adhere to the PMO’s project lifecycle methodology and its controls and deliverables.
- Ensures solutions are transitioned appropriately to the support team through company-defined processes.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a project management community of practice to improve CRL’s project delivery.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Recommends short-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Assists in developing and oversight of the implementation of PM training programs including onboarding.
- Provide training and mentoring of project managers within the IT organization.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: 10+ years related experience in project management, ideally implementing global large scale projects.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Demonstrated experience delivering global, complex projects.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust and confidence of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed organization.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to multi-national audiences with clarity and precision, both written and verbally. Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Sound business and technical acumen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet