IT Senior Oracle EBS and SOA Technical Lead - United States
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Oracle EBS and SOA Technical Architect. You will work with our Information Technology team reporting to Sr. Director, IT Enterprise Systems. This will be a hands on role working closely with IT technical team and vendors supporting external systems. This is a very critical role to design, develop and support new or existing interfaces between Oracle EBS and other critical systems.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Act as a technical lead and architect for Oracle EBS and SOA/Fusion middleware and handle EBS technical development activities and integrations between EBS and external systems used by hospitals, institutions and other trading partners
- Split the time 50/50 between hands on EBS technical and SOA middleware design and development activities
- Bring “best practice” for the architecture, design, development, deployment and maintenance of technology based solutions using Oracle SOA middleware 12c, web services and APIs with Oracle EBS, Salesforce and other packaged and custom applications
- Ensure that all service deployments comply with enterprise standards and adhere to development guidelines
- Develop EBS functional design documents (MD050) and technical design documents (MD070) for all development components
- Document/diagram and effectively present the current and future technical architecture flows and take initiatives to improve any of the existing EBS or SOA components
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring and maintenance of deployed integrations, working with various vendors and other technology teams as necessary
- Work closely with infrastructure, development and application hosting partner for SOA administration, security, periodic deployments and release management.
- Promote continuous quality improvement, cost reduction efforts across the SOA practices, understand & introduce new capabilities. Establish service monitoring capabilities using tools like OEM, Splunk, Management packs, JVMD etc.
- Manage the need for any supporting documentation for SOX and other audit requirements
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, information systems or other related field with 10 to 12 years of hands on experience in Oracle EBS and SOA technologies.
- Possess “can do” attitude to solve technical problems with Oracle EBS and integrations.
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture concepts and experience in the entire software development lifecycle including requirement, design, development, integration testing, deployment of real time and batch integrations and providing post production support and monitoring.
- Hands on experience in designing and implementing SOA solutions using SOAP and RESTful based web services and orchestrating services into business processes using technologies like BPEL, Mediator, JMS and various adapters and cloud connectors.
- Experience in common protocols and technologies such as XML, XSLT, HTTP and XQuery.
- Good understanding and experience in handling secured data and file transfers using SFTP.
- Experience in application development tools like JDeveloper and Eclipse.
- Good understanding of the underlying database architecture and table structures for key EBS modules in Process Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement and Finance functions
- Experience in integrating Oracle EBS with cloud based applications like Salesforce.com and Workday using Oracle SOA middleware and Java.
- Experience in implementing EDI transactions with partners using Oracle B2B and XML gateway.
- Experience in distributed Messaging Systems, messaging patterns & protocols, developing enterprise SOA services, API management, Java/J2EE, SOA Governance.
- Strong experience with SQL and PL/SQL programming, Oracle Forms, OA Framework and Reports to develop extensions and integrations
- Any experience in Oracle ADF will be a plus.
- Experience in security and policy management. Any knowledge in Oracle Identity manager (OAM), Oracle Access Manager (OAM) and Oracle Internet Directory (OID) will be a plus.
- Good understanding of Oracle support process (SRs, escalation etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently and also as a strong team player to deliver quality technology solutions. Be a quick and continuous learner and able to train other team members in SOA and other technologies.
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.