SGS Exprimo performs pharmaceutical drug development consultancy, using modeling & simulation: we analyze data from clinical trials to create models, and simulate from these models to get accurate scientific predictions. This enables our clients to make better decisions: Does this anti-cancer treatment actually work? Do we have a better drug than the competition? How many people should we test this on? Which dose should we give this child, to save him/her from a life-threatening disease?
Our people are world-class scientists that perform these projects with passion and pride. We demonstrate excellence in everything we do, and show the commitment to quality necessary to ensure top-level client service. We enjoy multi-disciplinary work, learning from each other as mathematics, statistics, medicine, pharmacology and engineering come together in every project.
What you will bring to the role:
- MSc in engineering, software, mathematics or equivalent by experience
- Min. 1-3 years of post-university experience in IT in the pharmaceutical industry or data analytics.
- Experience with hardware, IT support and software in a highly regulated environment, such as the pharmaceutical industry or financial industry.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Strong software and programming skills, strong analytical mindset
- An eagerness to learn
As an IT Scientist, you will:
- Provide an IT edge to every project: ensure the best tools are used and provide insight in numerical complexity.
- Maintain, develop and improve our high performance computing infrastructure, as well as all supporting server infrastructure
- Develop custom software based on project needs.
- Develop and extend Simulo, our custom Clinical trial simulator software tool
- Perform and report Modelling and Simulation (M&S) projects for Exprimo’s clients in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, under supervision of the project lead
What you can expect:
- A supportive, multi-disciplinary and interactive consultant team
- Opportunities for learning and personal development (e.g. coaching on projects, external training, conferences, internal scientific meetings)
- A working environment where innovation and creativity is highly appreciated
- Working from home
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
We offer the opportunity to be part of a strong and enthusiastic team of skilled scientists, who see modelling and simulation as key to better drug development. We are a company where innovation and creativity are highly valued, and where everyone is given the opportunity for training and continuous development. Our working environment is flexible, and you will be able to do most of your work from home. We offer a competitive salary.