This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 14 May 2017
- Our company is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management.
- Our company is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs.
- The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates.
- The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
Your main responsibilities
- Analyse and anticipate IT needs for the Translational Medicine Department, define state of the art IT solutions to support its activities and implements in collaboration with company IT the related strategy and portfolio of projects;
- Coordinate the in-house and external software development activities supporting scientific Translational Medicine activities, including the Pre-clinical Database, Modeling & Simulations (M&S) tools and all systems for the processing, storage, integration, management and analysis of internal and external Translational Medicine data;
- Develop new techniques and potential areas of research in data science and formulate new project proposals.
- Initiate any necessary exploratory activities about our corporate Knowledge Management initiatives;
- Train collaborators on the usage of scientific software. Supervise the work of external and internal staff as required by projects.
- University degree: PhD or equivalent in Life Science or Computer Science; minimum 10 years in a similar position;
- Strong expertise in Computer Science applied to Life Science and in particular in the implementation of in-silico tools for translational research, M&S approaches and;
- R&D data management;
- Experience in setting up information systems for R&D in compliance with national and international regulations;
- At ease with web software development, database management systems (preferably Oracle) and data analysis;
- Familiar with configuration and customization of commercial research and preclinical data management systems (preferably Dotmatics software suite);
- Excellent understanding of the Drug Discovery and Development Process, including pharmaceutical quality system especially GLP, GCP and computerized system validation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong customer focus.
- Able to translate business requirements into efficient technical solutions and business processes and to explain his work to non IT specialists;
- Ability to integrate in multidisciplinary and multicultural groups and to work in a matrix organization;
- Fluency in French and English.
- An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.
Find a Job Find Candidates