IT Portfolio Leader – GHH-IT - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our company’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- our company’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world.
- Ours is a high-energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing our company’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
- On its path to becoming the best healthcare company in the world, our company is transforming all aspects of our business and culture.
- There is unprecedented demand for enterprise information and technology coming from our core business divisions as well as from new markets and new products.
- We are in the process of shifting our IT agenda from one enabling bottom line to top line growth.
- To do this, we need a Strategy Execution discipline focused on aligning and prioritizing our company’s strategies/priorities with our investments in IT and the delivery/value realization of the portfolio of IT programs/projects.
The Position (M3, IT Portfolio Leader – GHH IT)
- We are seeking an IT Portfolio leader who will work within our centralized Portfolio and Program management Group to lead, direct and orchestrate Strategic Planning, portfolio prioritization, program development and project management as a partner to the IT leader in one of our key divisions.
- The Portfolio Leader will be responsible for overseeing planning and execution of IT divisional portfolio(s), talent selection and development, operating model compliance as well as driving cross-IT program collaboration and cooperation through a virtual IT PM Community.
- Partners with Divisional IT leader and Divisional IT Leadership team to manage IT Portfolio Planning and Execution including:
- Orchestrating Strategic Planning and aligning ongoing Portfolio to Strategy
- Creation of long range operating plans
- Ongoing portfolio financial and execution reviews
- Annual and quarterly portfolio planning and prioritization
- Manage overall budget for the divisional portfolio
- Actively participates and contributes as a trusted partner and member of a division IT leadership team representing Strategy Execution to drive alignment and prioritization
- Collaborates with key internal and external IT partners and clients to ensure delivery of strategic programs in scope, on schedule, and within budget.
- Leads a team of program and project managers with a focus on building a high performing organization and developing talent enabling employees to extend their skills, knowledge and network
- Implementation of standard processes, tools and decision support for PM practitioners which are integrated with the Portfolio & Investment Management Process and the IT Operating Model and consistent with PMI leading practices
- Ensure Integrated program and project plans are created and maintained consistently and regularly for all portfolio programs and projects.
- Ensure adequate governance exists for each program and project to enable effective decision making.
- Ensure right program/project teams are in place to enable successful execution of the program/project
- Participate in steering committees and / or governances of key programs/projects
- Provide ‘network leadership’ and collaborates with key stakeholders and partners to support implementation of the IT Portfolio Process and IT Operating Model
- Lead and drive ongoing/annual IT strategic change initiatives to enable longer term strategy realization (e.g. IT Portfolio Process simplification, alignment with IT Platforms, Agile, etc.) to advance the ongoing capability for the organization and deliver value for our company
- Drives alignment of Portfolio and PM approaches across a highly matrixed global team
- Manages portfolio investments by region/country and provides quarterly executive summaries to Finance and GHH leaders
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent discipline
- PMI certification a plus
- Sigma Black Belt certification a plus
- Organizational change management a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years related work experience with proven record of strong program and project management proficiency required.
- Strong health care, consulting or cross-industry business acumen, experience in multiple company business areas including R&D, Marketing & Sales, Manufacturing and Corporate Areas preferred.
- Demonstrated strong financial planning and management skills
- Proven track record of leadership, talent selection and management, strong coaching experience skills are required.
- PMI certification preferred.
- Demonstrated Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Work at the intersection of IT and Sales/Marketing preferred.
- Strong communication (written, oral, presentation), negotiation, influencing and relationship skills along with high personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
- Demonstrated network leadership in operating and driving accomplishments within a matrix organization, managing cross-divisional projects and building effective cross-functional teams and trusted business partnerships and relationships.
- Leading and driving strategic organizational change initiatives .
- Established record in managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Adept at managing diverse perspectives in an unbiased way across multiple stakeholder and communities.
- Experience with presentations and facilitating discussions with senior C-level stakeholders.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Program Manager, Computer Science, Strategic Planning, Healthcare, Engineering, Management, Technology, Strategy