IT OCM Intern - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Charles River makes a difference in lives of both people and animals around the world. An internship/co-op experience in Information Technology with our company will not only provide you with the essential elements you need to begin to build a rewarding career, but will hopefully instill a sense of purpose and fulfillment inspiring continual growth and discovery.
At Charles River, we strive to provide all students with an educational and valuable learning and work experience, as well as a platform to insert their own innovations and creative thought processes. Our interns will complete various tasks and job responsibilities in correlation with specific department initiatives while engaging in collaborative efforts with our skilled team of professionals. We expect our interns to approach their time with us with a passion to strengthen and gain valuable skill sets, and to learn more about our company while striving to make a unique contribution.
IT OCM Intern, Location: US Wilmington
As an IT OCM (Organizational Change Management) intern you will become familiar with effective OCM methodology and work to support our OCM team as they assess management needs, and implement plans to ease the organization through various changes. You will also work to provide support to our IT PMO, and contribute to departmental process improvement initiatives.
Reporting to our CRL IT Director, OCM, you will build a close professional relationship through weekly meetings. Short term projects will help you understand your new work environment and co-workers. These short term assignments will aim to inspire ideas and develop new working relationships you can build on during your internship. You will also have one longer project to start within the first couple of weeks of your internship. We encourage independence and innovation throughout the program. It is through this long term project, due at the end of the internship, that students will have the opportunity to flourish.
- Ability to plan at a detailed level
- Critical thinking and decision making ability
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Excel and MS Project
- Support PMO Site re-organization effort
- Create IT Org Front & Center Articles
- Post IT Communications to iConnect
- Update format of existing training materials
- Automate some key existing training materials
- Update OCM/training templates on PLC2 (with support from OCM team)
- Help to capture feedback on communication improvement efforts
- Support planning efforts for communication improvement
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet