This job is currently Archived,
IT Manager - Spain
Posted on : 08 March 2017
Under the direction of Finance & Business Operations Director, this individual will be responsible for standard IT activities at the site in close coordination with the IT organization in Switzerland and the local Finance & Business Operations Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the team management assigned to the local IT Department, including the coordination of the contractors, supervising activities, ensuring guidelines, policies and Standard Operating Procedures are followed while providing desk side services to end-users.
- Understand IT strategies, policies, standards, work practices and processes, ensuring they are effectively communicated and followed at affiliate level.
- Ensure being up- to- date regarding knowledge of developments in relevant technologies and their use in the industry, making recommendations when appropriate.
- Proactively interact with all the internal departments to resolve customer issues, understanding their needs and proposing IT solutions; acting as the IT consultant when the IT function is needed in regards to new or on-going projects, being the link between the internal customer and the external vendors and securing the coordination.
- Support in a courteous manner with customer-oriented focus the whole entity population, all people located at office location and people working remotely or off-site, identifying troubleshoots and resolving (directly or through escalation) problems with any computer systems, including hardware, software, e-mail, network and any peripherals.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintains all systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages, processes and procedures.
- This includes desktops and laptops with all related hardware and peripherals as well as network infrastructure and telephone systems.
- In some cases, this will also include servers and related hardware, when applicable, in coordination with the IT Teams.
- Record all problems on a help-desk management software and constantly monitor and coordinate every call until complete resolution and customer acknowledgment that problem is solved. This is applicable to office based as well as users working from a remote location.
- Manage the mobile phone and Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)/3G infrastructure, review contract and make recommendation for change to the Finance & Administration Manager & IT Teams.
- Manage the relationship with outside partners and suppliers for hardware such as Telephones, Network components, Copiers, Mobile Telephony, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), Air Conditioning, Access Control, Fire alarms and Site Security in general. Develop and keep in place escalation procedures and processes for all suppliers.
- Provide some basic training to users on all hardware and software used and coordinate with the local Finance and Business Operations Dir and the IT Teams any higher-level training requirement.
- Follow company IT best practices to ensure that standards are met for IT governance in areas such as change management, system configuration, disaster recovery, etc.
- Compliance with Quality and Environment Policies
- Act according the Manual of Good environmental practices and segregate waste materials of the job properly
- Educational Background and Complementary Knowledge
- Degree in Information Systems.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Helpdesk system(s) and escalation handling.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office suite.
- Iphone/ipad device support, Mobile telephone knowledge.
- ITIL 3 qualification
- Technical knowledge on PABX and telephone switch administration
- 10 + years of overall IT work experience, especially but not limited to infrastructure, in the day-to-day running of all IT aspects of Spain inside a multinational organization.
- Some Supervisory and/or Managerial experience to adhere to expected growth.
- Extensive experience &/or certification on Microsoft systems, software as well as operating systems.