IT Infrastructure Demand Management Specialist Prague Czechia,
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD’s Information Technology division partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high-energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing MSD’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
The role addresses demand management, technical planning and some project management for Global IT infrastructure related programs and projects. The primary focus includes technical project execution, coordination, and managing deliverables for projects in the infrastructure area. The position is an opportunity to interact with all infrastructure platforms as well as the divisionally aligned application teams through the program/project lifecycle.
Candidate will be responsible for planning and coordinating infrastructure demand from request through to completion. Prospective candidates should have a solid ability to communicate clearly, as well as very good organizational and coordination skills. Someone looking to take the next step in their IT career.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Collaborate across the GTO (Global Technology Operations) organization and relevant business and IT areas to coordinate the technical planning, demand and execution of projects with the program managers and owners.
- Be responsible for assembling and coordinating infrastructure activities for these projects.
- Play an important role in driving solutions across Global Infrastructure Operations Service Areas to design and plan for demand execution.
- Be a member of our Single Point of Contact (SPOC) team, liaising between Global Infrastructure Operations (GIO) and the rest of the team.
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience, preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and develop working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Strong aptitude and interest for learning.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle Methodologies.
- Flexibility to interact globally across time zones.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to synthesize information for management team.
- Proven leadership experience in team coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to conduct presentations in person and video conference.
- High motivation and strong client focus.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL Processes.
- Knowledge of or interest to learn about Infrastructure Technologies.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience with MSPS (Microsoft Project Server) to support Project management.
- Knowledge of SAP transactional capability in regards to investment & OPEX projects.
- Knowledge and Experience implementing Infrastructure Technologies: Server (Windows, Linux) Database (Oracle, SQL), Storage (NAS, SAN).
- Competitive remuneration
- Position in a leading global healthcare company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Wide range of benefits
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms / recruitment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: MSD
Find a Job Find Candidates