IT Informatics System Support Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The BD Life Sciences, Diagnostics Systems sector is seeking an Informatics System Support Engineer to join our team of talented and diverse individuals.
- The qualified individual will become part of the World Wide Technical Service & Support (WW TSS) Organization, MD and will support the Molecular platform.
- The Informatics System Support Engineer serves as the Informatics Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned Informatics solutions, and will be accountable for service readiness and product life cycle management of these products to meet all functional and business objectives.
- He/she will be responsible for assisting with escalation of complex troubleshooting, coordination of hardware and software upgrades in the field, monitoring product health metrics, and being the voice of service during product development as well as coordination of new product launches.
- He/she will also be part of the broader cross-functional teams within the organization and will provide leadership to the extended service team located around the world with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- The general nature and level of work being performed by the associates assigned to this job are listed below, note that this is not intended to be an exhaustive list:
- Serves as the technical subject matter expert and provides Level III technical support within the extended Service Team around the world, during product installation, troubleshooting and maintenance; as necessary.
- Acts as liaison between Service and other functions to determine root cause issues and provides feedback on product design and performance to drive product improvements.
- Provides technical input to the development and maintenance of training programs and documentation for supported products and drives regional self-sufficiency.
- Prepares formal written reports/documents/presentations to communicate with a wide-range of audiences, including senior leadership, external stakeholders and World Wide field service team members.
- Represents WW TSS on new/sustaining product development teams and drives to improve reliability, serviceability, and to reduce service costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develops, implements and maintains worldwide customer support strategy for new and existing products based global service capabilities and marketing and sales initiatives.
- Tracks World Wide Service related product health metrics for instruments and makes appropriate recommendations for continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Manages and prioritizes tasks to flex to the demand to meet deliverables on assigned projects.
- Maintains and enhances the departmental standards of performance and promotes a safe working environment throughout the organization.
- 3+ years of previous experience with hardware and software systems integration, preferably with medical devices or complex medical instrumentation in a Health Information Technology (HIT) role
- 3+ years of fundamental aptitude of network topology and a general understanding of the network interactions between routers, switches, and firewalls
- 3+ years of required knowledge or previous work experience in microbiology laboratory or hospital workflow, i.e. – Laboratory Information System (LIS) interfaces, specifically with ASTM and HL7 or other legacy systems are preferred
- Self-motivated and action oriented team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to navigate in matrix organization and work with global team members
- Ability to develop and implement long-term strategies and short-term tactical plans to align with business goals and meet customer demand
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills of varying complexity
- Candidate must be able to accommodate occasional evening/weekend work, as needed
- Candidate must be able to travel domestically and internationally - up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Network+ Certification
- Prior experience in field service, customer-facing organization, specifically dealing with medical instrumentation
- 5+ years of previous experience with hardware and software systems integration, preferably with medical devices or complex medical instrumentation in a Health Information Technology (HIT) role
- Provides Tier 3 technical support and training on BD EpiCenter Data Management System worldwide
- Experience with SAP documentation processes
- Experience data mining as it relates to remote connectivity to improve systems