IT Finance Business Process Owner - Tax - India
Position Title: IT Finance Business Process Owner – Tax
The incumbent will become part of the global IT S&SD organization and his/her main responsibility will be to provide Finance systems support in the area of Tax, direct and indirect tax configuration within the DuPont SAP R/3 global environment. The incumbent will initially focus full time on indirect taxes (e.g. VAT, GST) aspects to get familiar with the environment in place in Asia Pacific. She/he will be a member of the global IT Finance Business Process Owners – Core Finance Processes Team. After few months, the incumbent will gradually take-over responsibilities in other regions to become a truly global tax BPO.
Tasks related to these responsibilities will include the following activities, among others:
- SAP configuration, translate business requirements into specifications for technical completion, work with our Technical Support alliance partners for technical object development and technical problem resolution, consultancy support and leadership to functional implementations and projects. The Main areas of Tax support will be in SAP FI/SD & MM.
- Tax Compliance Optimization Global projects and Tax Audit Support. Be part of all the Tax technology optimization projects under the Tax Area and provide IT support on Tax Audits.
- Tax Code Creation and Maintenance on the SAP R/3 global environment.
- Assist the Tax Team in investigating systems issues and in identifying relevant corrections in both SAP and other legacy systems.
- Assist the Tax Team in all the Tax Legal Changes impacting the ERP and will actively participate on the testing of New Legal reporting functionalities or Tax Rate Changes in SAP.
- SAP/ERP Global Implementations. Participation to all project phases from front-end loading with the Tax organization and Businesses to blue-printing, configuration, unit testing, USAT and go-live.
- Networking with various key players i.e. Corporate Tax and VAT accountants, functional process owners, key users, Business designated representatives, other Global Finance Support members etc. to ensure adequate and cost-efficient configuration of the DuPont SAP R/3 global environment in full support the DuPont business processes and the DuPont reporting process in compliance with U.S. and local GAAP;
The IT Finance BPO is the IT business facing representative with functional and business teams.
While SAP R/3 is the core environment of the incumbent's responsibilities, the above activities may also be extended to non-SAP R/3 Finance and Corporate systems which are part of the present DuPont Global and Regional architecture.
A minimum of 7 years’ experience with SAP FI/CO and/or OTC and RTP and other systems in the area of finance/accounting and business processes.
Education: University degree in Economics / Accounting preferably or compensating Accounting experience. IT degree related to SAP.
Language : Fluency in English is a must