IT Director Value Creation - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- In our complex and changing healthcare environment, our company must anticipate, define and develop new value propositions for our customers.
- These propositions shall include business models, programs and services that generate stronger partnerships with our customers and secures long term collaboration.
- Reporting into the VP IT & CIO Medical Devices EMEA, the IT Director Value Creation primary responsibility will be to develop and execute an Innovative Technology Strategy and Road-map that enhances company MD position as the partner of choice and ensures IT capabilities are in place to enable commercial opportunities that drive profitable growth. This role will be in support of the Value Creation area and Innovation Council in the MD business.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with business partners in the region to define an innovative technology strategy and roadmap that maximizes business value and minimizing time to market in EMEA.
- Define priorities for business and associated technology investments leveraging the product line organization and other internal departments.
- Builds strong external partnerships and connections with technology providers to understand external IT capabilities for healthcare.
- Ability to assess suitability of external technology to meet our internal business needs and make recommendations.
- Understands core internal IT products and new technologies and approaches to drive business value.
- Establishes and manages the global Technology Investment portfolio, including investment and resource plans.
- Accountable for flawless execution by region. Align cross functional stakeholders around common measurable goals.
- External client engagement with Healthcare professionals (in collaboration with business partners).
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Overall support from an IT perspective the Value Creation MD EMEA center of excellence and the Innovation Council.
- Develop IT strategy and execute plans for Managed Services and new business models to support business in winning strategy.
- Build IT capabilities with focus on Managed Services & Value Added Services and assess opportunities across regions
- Shape the future company MD Value Creation portfolio through development of L&A and partnership opportunities
- Build internal and external strategic IT partnerships
- Through insights and collaboration with franchise and local markets uncover opportunities to drive incremental revenue across EMEA MD sector through strategic IT partnerships
- Assure compliance at all levels through development of necessary tools, policies and procedures for all legal, regulatory and health care compliance policies, etc.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness through infrastructure optimization
- Understand and leverage enterprise IT capabilities
- Establish IT portfolio of demand globally, create investment and resource plan, flawless execution by region:
- Aggregate new demand for EMEA with focus on Managed Services & Value Added Services
- Manage Financials in EMEA with focus on Managed Services and Value Added Services
- Define and implement standardized support model across Value Added Services and Managed Services with focus on cost optimizations
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or business administration
- Required Years of Related Experience:
- 10+ Years’ experience leading an IT organization
- At least 10 Years’ experience with IT
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provides creative and innovative leadership while collaborating with business leaders on how information technology can enhance existing capabilities and generate new opportunities.
- Deep understanding of business drivers/processes and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments
- Ability to Influence and communicate with impact across multiple levels of the organization (local, regional, global)
- Knowledge of technology trends (e.g., digital, big data) and demonstrated ability to translate these technology trends in successful initiatives within a local and regional context
- Expertise driving adoption to improve IT
- Active Participant of a business leadership team
- Business experience with a good understanding about the similarities and differences of doing business in the different EMEA markets
- Ability to balance the need for standardization and enterprise thinking with the specific needs and challenges in the markets
- Previous experience driving technology strategy for a line of business
- Able to synthesize leadership and stakeholder inputs into decisions,
- Able to represent customers/users
- Can translate business process needs into IT solutions
- Connect with external technology providers
- Has ability to work at an abstract level and continuously “pivot” to arrive at the highest impact answer for the customer
- Demonstrated ability to work across a culturally diverse environment
- Travel on the Job
- Moderate travel
- 20% of travel required
- International within EMEA: Occasional long-distance travel, e.g., to the US
- People Management Experience:
- Minimum 5 years required
- Preferred Minimum Education: Master’s degree in computer science or business administration and/or Master of Business administration with technology as a core component preferred
- Preferred Area of Study: Computer science or business administration
- Preferred Related Industry Experience: Business experience, technology leadership experience
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycle
- Knowledge of healthcare, business theory, management, budgeting and business office operations
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional service orientation
- Strong negotiating skills
- Able to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan
- Able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.