IT Director, Enterprise and Sales & Marketing Systems - United States
- This position is responsible for leading a team responsible for business application systems to support business needs in Finance, Accounting, Contract & Procurement, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Corporate Services, Sales, and Marketing functions in North American Region as well as making sure that these systems are utilized by relative functions and creating true business benefits.
- This position is also expected to oversee service level of responsible systems and assist to identify/analyze/improve processes in relative functions as their trusted partner. As a member of global IS organization in company group, it is also expected to contribute for global standardization activity including roll-out globally standardized application systems to the region and introducing regional systems to other regions.
- This position will report to Sr. Director, North American IT.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Supervise a team responsible for business application systems to support business needs in Finance, Accounting, Contract & Procurement, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Corporate Services, Sales, and Marketing functions in the region.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to the members as they achieve true business needs and benefits.
- Steer development/implementation projects in the team. Oversee resources in the team and decide priorities among the projects in conjunction with direct manager.
- Design and develop organization capability of the team, balancing internal and external resources, in conjunction with direct manager.
- Direct the members to connect the latest/best-in-class technology outside and consider value technology for the Company
- Build trusted partnership with relative business functions and lead business needs identification processes with them utilizing broad business/technology knowledge.Engage with business and IT leaders to develop a value-driven project portfolio to meet business priorities and investment constraints
- Manage and lead standardization and integration of Data, Process and Information Technology with relative functions in the region closely working with Corporate Process Owners and IS Corporate Managers
- Establish and manage capital and operation budget for responsible systems in the region
- Ensure IT investments enable realization of business objectives, scalability, reduced cost and optimized information flows and processes.
- Understand globally unified strategy, architecture, and solutions of global IS. Incorporate them into the architectures of responsible systems in conjunction with direct manager.
- Establish application system architecture in the region.
- Contribute for global standardization activities in global IS by utilizing knowledge and experiences from relative functions and responsible systems.
- Oversee service levels of responsible systems and lead their improvement activities
- Foster partnership with business and vendor team members to improve systems usage and train/retrain employees
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experiences in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in designing/implementing/managing business applications in Finance, Accounting, Contract & Procurement, HR, Supply, Sales, and Marketing functions.
- Deep knowledge and experience in PMBOK based project management methodology and track record in successfully delivered large scale projects. PMP certification is preferred.
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing, implementing and managing SAP
- Deep knowledge and experience in portfolio management of application system development project, application development life cycle, testing methodology, and change management.
- Strong in logical thinking, time management, decision-making, and problem solving as able to manage multiple programs and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, presentation, documentation, facilitation and communication skills and be capable to clearly articulate the view point.
- Global experience with excellent people management skills to collaborate with large pool of stake holders.
- Extensive experience in developing and mentoring staff and managing vendors, consultants and other contracted services.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage change in a global organization.
- Experience in managing IT Partners and off-shore implementation companies.
- Experience in development and service management standards. ITIL is a plus.
- Prior experience in managing applications landscape at pharmaceutical company is a plus.
- Prior experience in data integration and master data management is a plus.
- Prior experience with enterprise data-warehouse models and BI is a plus.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.