IT Business Relationship Partner - Global Finance IT Systems - United States
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (company)
- Job ID
- Job Locations
- Information Technology
More information about this job:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostic has more than 4,200 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
In June 2014, Ortho became an independent organization, sponsored by private equity sponsor The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. Ortho had previously been a part of Johnson & Johnson. Ortho’s independence lends it an agility that helps it compete in the diagnostics space. Ortho is currently the global market leader in immunohematology, and one of the top five global companies in the clinical labs space.
Ortho has a highly accomplished executive leadership team with extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Martin Madaus, who has nearly three decades of experience in the diagnostics and life science industries, and a consistent track record of growing businesses and helping customers deliver fast, accurate diagnostic results to health care professionals and their patients.
The Career Potential:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
The ideal candidate will work with the Finance and GIS organization to identify and deliver technologies to automate Finance business processes. This position will partner with Finance business partners, 3rd party consultancies and software vendors. The IT Business Relationship partner will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of all aspects of the financial accounting and controlling (FICO) processes in our SAP environment. The successful candidate will possess a strong combination of analytical and technical skills and will design best practice SAP solutions in close collaboration with our business customers. Candidate must have in-depth configuration and business processes knowledge of FI and CO modules in SAP and must be expert in integrated processes and modules.
The incumbent will have the opportunity of working across business operations in NA, Latin America, EMEA and ASPAC regions to deliver Finance solutions.
- Lead and facilitate solution design workshops and business requirement gathering meetings with multi-function and multi-disciplinary participants. Participate as a key member in business process modeling initiatives.
- Bridge the gap between Finance and technology. Collaborate with Finance stakeholders and technology to translate business requirements into concrete, specific projects that drive measurable value to the organization and align with our Finance technology strategy.
- Advise Finance business leaders as to emerging trends in the industry and suggest new ways of doing things that would facilitate greater leverage of technology.
- Manage projects, programs, and deliverables. Create project plans, resources plans, projects financials, risk/issue/dependency management (manage end to end delivery of projects).
- Manage project resources - assemble project team, assign individual responsibilities and coordinate project activities, including vendor resources as required
- Manage and enhance relationships with solution providers and other external partners
- Implementation, roll out and production support for SAP FI-GL, AP, AR and FSCM, Fixed Assets, SAP CO-Product costing, Internal Orders, PCA, and COPA. Hands on configuration and technical design, integration and problem analysis.
- Candidate having experience with SAP S/4 HANA-Simple Finance will be preferred
- Candidate must have strong understanding of end to end business processes, must be able to manage configuration of account determination and related technical mapping for financial transactions posted via other modules e.g.MM, IM,PP,SD and interfaces
- 7 plus years of industry experience with emphasis on Finance business processes and technology enablement.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience with the SAP FICO module in a technical and functional advisory role with at least one full life cycle implementation of SAP S/4 Hana-Simple finance
- Expert knowledge of Finance systems and processes with proven experience in SAP FICO solutions.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.) knowledge of Treasury, banking functions, Concur, BPC and Vertex solutions is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of business strategy and consulting methodologies as well as quality and process improvement methods such as Six Sigma, Lean, etc. are a plus.
- Technical knowledge and/or Project Management experience of JD Edwards is a plus
- Experience with international Finance systems/processes is a plus.
- Experience leading a team of professionals, and communicating with various levels of management is highly desired
- Project management capability & experience managing global projects in a highly flexible organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science) or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Must be knowledgeable in a breadth of Finance practices and technologies.
- Experience with systems compliance and controls (e.g. SOx) is a plus
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.