IT Business Intelligence (BI) Solution Architect - United States
- The IT BI Solution Architect is someone who is passionate about helping the businesses to collaborate with technical teams to architect valuable BI process, metrics and systems to make better business decisions and provide long-term value to our businesses.
- In this highly visible role, the IT BI Solutions Architect will interact with business groups to help define BI and reporting needs, scope projects and ensure adequate funding is available.
- The IT BI Solution Architect will be the key contact between the business and the Application Delivery Partners’ delivery teams.
- The IT BI Solutions Architect will translate business needs into BI solution requirements, assist in estimating efforts, and deliver successful BI solutions on time and within budget.
- Interview key stakeholders, conduct requirements workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed to understand and influence requirements; ask relevant question in order to create the most effective solution design
- Translate business needs to BI Requirements, functional documentation, process flows, business rule definitions, assumptions, risks and others related to Data Architecture and Business Intelligence solutions
- Understand systems landscapes/usage to Identify options and collaborate with IT Partners on the technical solution approach and architecture for solving complex data extraction, transformation and reporting problems
- Collaborate with Application Delivery Partners and Act as liaison between business and Delivery Partner for requirements clarification, design changes and issue resolution during development and unit testing
- Ensure best practices, technical guidelines and compliance standards are adhered to in accordance with BD governance model
- Maintains ultimate accountability for delivered solutions and verifies that Application Delivery Partner-developed solution meets business requirements and expectations
- Advise Application Delivery Partner on prioritization of incoming demand
- Research, evaluate and recommend BI technology solutions to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering or other related degree
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area
- 3+ years of experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems
- 3+ years of extensive experience in collecting business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into DB data processes and data schema.
- 3+ years experience in Microsoft SQL Server and relational SQL databases that include data modeling, development, and management.
- 3+ years of experience in data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- 3+ years of experience translating business needs to BI Requirements, functional documentation, process flows, business rule definitions, assumptions, risks and others related to Data Architecture and Business Intelligence solutions
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing data extractions, models and UIs with QlikView.
- 3+ years of experience working with Agile
- Must have extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess outstanding verbal, written and visual presentation skills
- Must be a structured thinker and effective communicator, comfortable with interacting with customers
- Must have the ability to work independently, establishing strategic objectives, project plans and milestone goals
- Must be open to a travel rate of up to 25%, domestically and internationally
- 3+ years of experience with SAP ECC, SAP CRM, and SAP BW functional use and data structure is a plus
- 3+ years of strong understanding of ETL capabilities and data integration technologies