IT Business Analyst - Transparency (Aggregate Spend Compliance) - United States
|External Posting Title||IT Business Analyst - Transparency (Aggregate Spend Compliance)|
|Job Description||This person will act as the IT business partner in support of the US Commercial Team's Transparency (Aggregate Spend) program. They will perform requirements gathering activities as well as requirements documentation by working with multiple responsible parties (internal and external business partners). They will interact with the development teams to address questions and ensure requirements are being met. This role has a heavy emphasis on data and will also participate in testing.|
This position has a broad range of responsibilities including:
Support and Business Continuity
• Lead end-to-end effort to resolve any data quality issues or data gaps related to process, data or systems.
• Be proactive in identifying solutions or opportunities that can help improve business processes
• Be point of contact for business focused application questions and be able to identify and leverage resources across IT
• For Transparency specifically:
oData reconciliation on a monthly basis partnering with technical and business support
o Support reporting periods
o Support business users on error management (data entry errors)
o Support any cross-functional or cross apps issues during and outside of reporting periods
• Prioritizing requests across multiple business teams
• Gather and validate business needs to translate into requirements for technical team
• Work with technical teams to develop technical requirements and solutions
• Work with project team to provide status updates and resolve scope issues
• Ensure solution delivery meets business need and expectation through business requirement gathering
|Location||Weston, MA, US|
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Qualifications||The candidate Must:|
• Have 5+ years prior experience working as a business analyst with an emphasis on data related projects
• Have experience with writing basic SQL statements as well as have an understanding of database structures, how databases and interfaces work, and hands on experience with Oracle RDBMS SQL
• Have an understanding of the US Physicians Sunshine Act (US Transparency)
• Working knowledge in implementation of IT systems supporting transparency and compliance initiatives/projects
• Have experience working with outside vendors
• Have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Have project management skills
• Be process oriented (change control, requirement gathering, business and system process flow diagramming, testing, etc. )
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Be capable of working on multiple project or issues at once.
• Be highly organized and work well under pressure as well as have a strong sense of urgency
• Be as comfortable with process, systems and data
• Be able to work independently
• Experience in biotech or pharma Commercial & R&D environments
• Experience with analytics and reporting projects
|Education||Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Business, or a related field.|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
One of the pioneers in biotechnology, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 90 countries. Our global headquarters and R&D operations are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, world-class manufacturing facilities in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA and Hillerod, Denmark, and affiliate locations around the world.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease. We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
Biogen is revolutionizing biologics manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes. This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and biosimilars that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Business Analyst, Oracle, Database, SQL, Science, Finance, Technology