This job is currently Archived,
IT Analyst II - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 22 March 2017
Department Marketing Statement
- The purpose of the role is to assist in requirements gathering, break/fix analysis, problem resolution research, queue monitoring, root cause analysis, site communication planning, content development for incident knowledge base, training materials, and coordination of support services, and request management.
- Assist in break/fix analysis for individual and recurring support issues. Document findings and work with appropriate resources to find and deliver cost effective and timely solutions.
- Assist in or provide queue monitoring in the Service Desk software tool and follow appropriate guidelines for ensuring that the ITIL processes are followed within approved SLAs. Monitor queue KPIs and provide solutions to improve results.
- Assist in root cause analysis of complex incidents or recurring problems. Assist in development of solutions to those problems.
- Document in the problem resolution knowledge database, and assist in developing training materials to resolve ongoing issues or improve knowledge.
- Assist in the preparation, build/rebuild, deployment and support of desktop and laptop hardware as required and requested via the Service Desk
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of software builds and the installation, configuration and removal of applications on desktops and laptops
- Assist in the support of the local network environment, including end to end patching of network cables, basic troubleshooting and configuration of networking on client devices
- Assist in the deployment, configuration and support of mobile devices (e.g. mobile phones, iPhones, iPads, etc.)
- Assist in the configuration and support of telecoms and meeting room equipment (e.g. Cisco IP phone system, conference phones, projectors, etc.)
- Assist in the development of new processes and procedures to improve existing services, or to assist in deploying new support services.
- Ensure all work is compliant with applicable guidelines and regulations (e.g. SOP, GLP, SMP, SOX, etc.) including all internal policies and software licensing restrictions
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Several years’ experience related in IT, supporting PC desktops/laptops, local area networks and telephony
- PC Desktop/Laptop hardware build, configuration, deployment experience in Microsoft environment, e.g. Windows (all versions), Office products (inc. 365), Sharepoint
- Must have demonstrated previous experience of communicating support via Skype, verbal and emailing.
- Must have a positive attitude and drive to improve efficiency and processes.
The Ideal Candidate
- If you are a highly motivated and driven individual who enjoys delivery IT support and analysis to colleagues then we would like to hear from you.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and have had experience as an IT Analyst previously.
- In order to be considered for the position you must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Our company is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
- Discovery from our company helps you take the right steps, at the right time, to reach each milestone on your journey through drug development.
- Discovering new therapeutics can be a challenging yet rewarding journey. Discovery from our company lives the preclinical journey every day.
- When applying our state-of-the-art technology and expert scientific perspectives, our partners and collaborators will know the right steps to take at the right time to optimize preclinical ideas into strong clinical candidates. Discovery from our company is adept in helping our partners reach their milestones faster and more efficiently