IT Administrator & Systems Engineer - Germany
- You play a key role in our mission to treat patients and fight cancer!
- As Software Service Engineer, you are responsible for calibration and commissioning activities on the Proton Therapy site, with a specific focus on administration of the IT infrastructure, software testing, debugging, configuration and upgrades.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As IT Administrator & Systems Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Participating in the installation of the company equipment and technical tools on the Proton Therapy site with a specific focus on the deployment of the software
- Performing the IT infrastructure and the software calibration following procedures
- Testing and validating the equipment according to the specifications and ensuring the customer requirements are met in terms of compliance, quality, technical performance and timing
- Critically analyzing data to diagnose potential technical problems
- Ensuring the highest quality of state-of-the-art technologies and services
- Operating the system and providing technical support to the medical staff during patient treatment and clinical operations
- Ensuring the client requirements are met in terms of technical performance, timing and safety
- Training customers to use properly and safely the equipment and systems
- Carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment (shift work)
- Upgrading and improving the system in collaboration with the R&D department
Profile You have:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in engineering (preferably in Computer Sciences or Electronics) or an equivalent experience
- A relevant technical experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting, mechanical system design and repair and operations of large systems, as well as in control systems would be an advantage
- An experience with Subversion software repositories and configuration management
- A good knowledge of C, C++ and UNIX whereas knowledge of Java is a plus
- A good knowledge of Linux/Windows and scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.)
- A basic knowledge of SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
You also are:
- Able to procedures and you are able to deliver on strict deadlines
- Analytical, good troubleshooting skills, able to identify root cause of issues
- Willing to share your knowledge in your area of expertise
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel extensively during the training period (+/- 6 months)
- A flexible person, willing to work in rotating shift work, night work and weekends (up to 50% of your time)
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce.