IT Account Management Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high-energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
The Customer Strategy and Innovation IT Account Manager position is part of the IT Client Services organization within Global Human Health IT. The incumbent will be a member of the Customer Strategy and Innovation IT account management team and will be assigned to the Customer Engagement Capabilities (CEC) area, stakeholders and/or initiatives. The incumbent will be responsible for relationship management, subject matter expertise and business case development in support of assigned areas. The incumbent will also contribute to the creation and maintenance of the Customer Engagement account plan, business and IT strategy, capability roadmap and strategic portfolio. The incumbent will collaborate with business clients, enterprise and divisional IT, external experts, and customers (as appropriate) to drive innovation, data driven insights and decision-making, business value realization, and IT as a competitive advantage.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Accountable for translating CEC business strategies into IT programs, roadmaps and capabilities for complete alignment on investment portfolio
• Accountable for pulling through IT strategies (analytics, enterprise, ecosystem, and platforms) for greater business value over time
• Accountable for CEC business cases that drive the IT portfolio and achieve alignment with the business.
• Secure funding and resources for Customer Engagement IT capabilities
• Develops strategic partnerships to maximize-the-size-of or shorten-the-time-to value
• Responsible (with CEC business colleagues) for change management, helping to accelerate technology adoption and benefit realization
• Responsible (in partnership with CEC business and finance colleagues) for capturing the value from IT investments (every last dollar over time)
Develop realization metrics, track realization, report realization, and ensure execution of project/program is delivering business realization goals.
Bachelor's Degree (Concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field)
• Demonstrated success building and maintaining credible strategic relationships with business clients and IT areas
• Business acumen, stakeholder engagement, relationship management, and strategic account planning
• Inquisitive - ability to ask the right questions to shape the IT-enabled business strategy
• Demonstrated experience in business case development and financial modeling, including management of value realization metrics
• Broad end-to-end process, functional and data knowledge
• Awareness of relevant industry business, information and technology trends
• Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
• Systems Thinking and a relentless ability to connect people, processes and information
• Energetic self-starter with demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
• Ability to manage through ambiguity
• Ability to identify and influence the changes necessary to ensure solution adoption and value realization
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in IT account management, business architecture and analysis, and/or client relationship management within the pharmaceutical industry
• Demonstrated thought leadership and innovation especially in relevant customer engagement technology
• Knowledge of digital asset tools and IT architecture
• Network leader - focus on influence rather than control, and creating a work environment based on trust, sharing and collaboration
• Experience in running complex workshops aligning people, process and technology.
• Fluent in Merck SDLC including experience applying in regulated business areas and processes
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Account Management Generic
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Account Management
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Branchburg, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Account Manager, Manager, Medical, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Sales, Management, Healthcare, Engineering, Science