IPT Operations Coach - Manual Inspection Job - Ireland
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The IPT (Operations) Support Coach will be based on the MSD, Carlow site and will sit within the IPT (Operations) organisation, reporting to the Associate Director for IPT.
The IPT Coach will be responsible for leading a team of 18 production operators within the manual inspection area.
• Manage all manual inspection activities as appropriate.
• Manage the lifecycle of production related deviations, change controls and other tasks to support the manual inspection process ensuring deadlines are achieved.
• Drive effective writing/revising/ rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for manual inspection.
• Support IPT manufacturing coaches in scheduling and delivery of manual inspection for shift teams, manage training for manual inspection.
• Drive continuous improvement by leading and active participation in system failure investigations and investigation reports, execution/development of change control, and contribution to Kaizen events as appropriate.
• Manage root cause analysis of system failures, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc.; oversee and implement subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
• Drive compliance with Merck Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing.
• Ensure that the team receives appropriate resources and programmes to develop technical and other skills, to complete their jobs in a safe and compliant manner whilst stimulating personal growth and development in line with role.
Typical Minimum Education:
• Degree qualification in a Science/Engineering related discipline essential
Typical Minimum Experience:
• 5+ years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing industry. Stronginterpersonal and communication skills and strong understanding of Pharmaceutical GMP systems are essential. Knowledge of Aseptic Manufacturing and experience in Management is considered an advantage
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic Job Title:IPT Operations Coach - Manual Inspection
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Leinster-Carlow
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Inspection, Operations Manager, Engineer, Law, Engineering, Operations, Legal