IPT Lead Global Logistics Job - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Our company is part of the worldwide Merck & Co organisation, focused on production and packaging of medicines.
Our production process is executed by four 'Integrated Process Teams' (IPTs). All supported by Centers of Excellence (CoE's) and global support functions with expertise in for example innovative technical operations, quality operations, HR, Environment, Health and Safety, Finance.
- IPT Blister, for packaging medicines in blister packages;
- IPT Specialties, for non-standard packages of medicines and the production of Mectizan;
- IPT Vaccines, for the packaging and distribution of vaccines;
- IPT Global Logistics, for the distribution of locally packaged pharma products.
- For the Integrated Process Team (IPT) Global Logistics we are looking for an Associate Director, IPT Lead
- The IPT Global Logistics is responsible for the incoming goods, the control and storage of bulk, FIGO and components and the distribution to more than 140 countries of all our FIGO's.
- You are responsible for the distribution planning. The IPT Lead GL is responsible for the quality and safety of the processes and drives continuous improvement in these areas.
- Currently there are approximately 42 employees working within the IPT Global Logistics.
- The IPT Lead will have approx.5 direct reports amongst which Operational Managers, Improvement engineer and Pharmaceutical specialist.
- The ideal candidate has the potential, ambition and capability to progress to roles with greater scope, responsibility and leadership in the future.
- The IPT Leader Specialties reports directly to the Plant Manager of MMD. The IPT Lead is graded as M2, Associate Director.
Content of the role:
- Responsible for the IPT Global Logistics taking into account the requirements for quality, safety and compliance;
- As member of the Site Leadership Team you contribute to the alignment of MMD with the company’s strategies;
- Translating MMD strategies into proposals for the CoE Techops’ profit plan (including capital investments) and the long-term strategy;
- Responsible for the logistic process of incoming goods and outgoing sales orders, while with a focus on continuous improvement the productivity, quality and safety will be brought to a continuous higher level;
- Lay out the IPT project portfolio, deducted from the Site project portfolio.
- Be a project lead or taking part in these projects;
- Responsible for the operational budget and capital expenses;
- Responsible for the operational management.
- Ensuring the execution and implementation of the IPT’s profit plan, manage the IPT-processes , monitor the progress and take corrective action when necessary;
- Initiate, prioritize and manage improvement initiatives for all IPT processes;
- Responsible for assuring the performance indicators and taking care of the reports and analysis according to the reporting guidelines;
- Ensuring consistent procedures and guidelines;
- End responsible for all people management activities within the IPT Global Logistics.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree, preferably in Logistics:
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a supply chain role.
- Ambition and ability (breadth and depth of skills, business acumen and management competence) to rise to a higher level of leadership.
- Highly developed sense for and commitment to compliance, both GMP as EHS
- Client- and result driven.
- Keeps the overview in a complex environment and can react firmly to a large variety of environmental changes.
- Capable of thinking and acting innovatively and creatively.
- Strong curiosity and drive to find and adopt new strategies and tactics.
- Sees own/others’ failure as a learning opportunity.
- A futurist who sees the case for change, and has the skills to drive it.
- Strong communicative skills.
- Fluent in both Dutch as well as English (spoken and written).
- Experience with working in international teams.
- Good leadership skills and behaviors.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean/Six Sigma applications and cultural changes.
Job Segment: Logistics, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Lean Six Sigma, Environmental Health & Safety, Operations, Science, Sales, Management, Healthcare