Investment Manager Europe - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- Our mission is to invest in early stage startup companies in the space of Advanced Materials globally, with a primary focus on North America and Europe.
- Our company will deploy 10M€ of capital per year over the next 5 years.
- Our team will combine local presence and deep company background, experience, and connections, to invest in startup companies where we can make a difference from a technology expertise or market presence standpoint.
As the key deal making person in Europe, the European Investment Manager will support company Ventures investment activities in Europe, in coordination with and supporting company Ventures Managing Partner.
- Support startup investments (acquisition of future growth options) in Europe in selected strategic segments as defined by company Global Business Units and company Corporate Research & Innovation.
- Accelerate the fulfillment of key business needs by initiating and supporting “open innovation” projects in partnership with selected startup companies.
- Provide strategic insight into high potential impact emerging market and technology areas to inform Global Business Units and company’s long term strategy
- Advanced technical degree (PhD or equivalent), MBA or equivalent, with commensurate experience in advanced materials
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in venture capital in Europe, working with emerging technology related companies, funds, fund managers, VCs, and reporting.
- Prior experience of Board governance, behavior, best practice. Personal track record as investor
- Business and investment acumen including financial analysis, valuation, due diligence, negotiation, contracts, equity issuances and structures, debt structures, term sheets and general VC investment processes