- Request or create new inventory item masters an automated inventory system as required.
- Monitor and maintain both physical and system balances.
- Research problems and track orders.
- Record purchase receipts, maintain database for all controlled inventory items, and perform physical count of inventory.
- Receive and distribute physical goods.
- Process transactions for issuance of materials to appropriate financial general ledger and sub-ledger accounts.
- Document and process returns.
- Coordinate and communicate inventory needs with all levels of staff.
- Maintain research equipment within applicable SOPs, regulatory, and manufacturer guidelines.
- Assist group leader with coordinating equipment needs and use of equipment.
- Order equipment, replacement parts, and service under direction of group leader.
- Coordinate repair of research equipment by outside vendors.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.). Associate’s (A.A./A.S.) degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience in accounting or related discipline. Previous in-life experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Computer literacy (Windows PC), Microsoft Word and Excel. Will be using various functions of Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP). Ability to perform basic math skills and take initiative in generating solutions to problem situations. Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.