- We are continuously looking for talented BSc (HLO) or MSc students that want to do an internship at the R&D department of our company.
- During your internship, you will assist our researchers in the laboratory on current Research and Development projects.
- The practical work will mainly involve microbiological techniques in relation to the isolation, characterization, and lab scale production of bacteriophages.
- Finding and isolating new bacteriophages for future products
- Characterizing newly isolated bacteriophages
- Optimizing bacteriophage production in shake flasks
- Plating and growing of (pathogenic) bacteria on lab scale
- Adequately documenting and analyzing experimental results in lab journal format
- strong interest in working in a microbiological laboratory setting
- experience with aseptically handling microbiological samples
- Epreferably experience with working in a ML-I/ML- II restricted laboratory environment
- BSc (HLO) or MSc with specialization in (Food) Microbiology, Molecular Biology or other relevant field
- It develops natural phage products against dangerous bacteria in the food chain and is viewed as product leader in this field.
- The company's product against the deadly Listeria monocytogenes (well known for its risk to pregnant women), is used globally by food processing companies.
- It is a culture of safe, natural phages, against Listeria in meat, cheese, fish, vegetables, fruit and other food products.
- Today, our product helps many food processors in their fight against Listeria, without any effect on the properties of the treated food product.
- This means it leaves desired bacteria in place, i.e. in starter cultures for cheese production.