International Assignment Manager - Americas Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The International Assignment Manager supports relocation into the Americas as well as US Domestic relocation. Responsibilities include the consultation of and facilitation of all assignment and relocation related services to employees, line managers and HR. Provides lifecycle oversight of the Global Assignment and relocation creating a customer focused experience.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of International Assignments and Relocation for all moves in the Americas. Responsible for exception escalation and resolution.
- Provides proactive consulting and guidance to HR and line management for all country to country transfers and the development of assignments.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for employees that are relocated to another country within the Americas.
- Tracks and resolves all service escalations. Provides status reports to GM Director.
- Develops communications and presentations for Managers, HR and relocating employees.
- Administers international assignment programs and policies that meet business objectives.
- Partner with payroll, data management / HtR (SAP) and tax as it relates to international assignments and US domestic relocation.
- Partner with internal and external vendors to identify synergies, opportunities for outsourcing and process enhancements.
- Partner with relocation, tax and data external providers to provide a high level of service to relocating employees.
- Support special project as needed: create and manage a project schedule, coordinate meetings with project stakeholders, compile or update project documents.
- Day-to-day point of contact for all vendors that support Int'l Assignments and Relocation as well as the tracking of SLA's. Responsible for collaborating with all RFP’s.
- Monitor country specific compliance regulations and make suggestions for mobility policies and practices to as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong consulting and negotiation skills required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience, including 5 years in HR, Global Mobility, or related function
- Ability to develop relationships and work effectively with many different cultures and styles from around the globe
- HR business partner experience preferred
- Global Mobility experience preferred
- HR Centre of Expertise experience preferred
- Ability to grasp complex situations and facilitate
- Ability to persuade and influence others using communication and diplomacy skills with colleagues in other areas and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Compensation & Benefits
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Compensation & Benefits
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd, NA-US-PA-West Point, NA-US-New Jersey
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Consulting, ERP, Manager, Payroll, SAP, Technology, Management, Finance