Internal Controls Manager - Czechia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company Regional Delivery Centers (RDC) are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes.
- The RDC will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across company business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
- The Internal Controls Manager - Europe will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and leading risk-based operational, IT, and compliance audits for company locations in support of the market audit. This role will evaluate business risks and determine if adequate controls are designed and operating effectively as well as perform management testing on processes and support audit requests from the market.
- They will lead special projects as necessary.
- The objective of this role is to support and enable the RDC IC&A function to partner with its Finance and business counterparts to ensure that business objectives are sufficiently met.
- Establish, grow, and lead the RDC – Europe Internal Audit and Controls function; provide strategic guidance and direction to IC&A function employees
- Demonstrate full operational responsibility for the IC&A function to ensure all deliverables are successfully achieved, including operational performance, people management and development, and adhering to compliance requirements together with supporting and implementing on transformation requirements
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of adequate and high quality documentation to complete internal audits and support conclusions reached
- Manage planning activities for multiple audit project to ensure efficient and effective audits
- Develop a good understanding of the overall Finance organization and broader comapny business; build and develop network and partnerships with key Finance and business leaders across the company, specifically within the Europe region
- Develop and translate the vision and strategy of IC&A from a systems, process, policy, and procedures perspective
- Challenge the status quo and champion new ideas
- Design and implement ways to streamline and standardize operations, which includes creating metrics for success
- Act as a Business Partner to the market Finance Leads and business stakeholders; play a key role in the development of global financial processes and enhancing the capacity of the IC&A function
- Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of company’s financial processes and systems; ensure the existence of adequate internal controls
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and propose innovative solutions, agreed with Process Stewards, adopted globally so the IC&A function can operate in an efficient and cost effective manner and achieve targeted budget savings
- Oversee the implementation of complex projects/issues which require experience and significant IC&A technical abilities; work collaboratively with other business partners to execute approved projects
- Monitor the RDC – Europe’s performance against pre-defined IC&A-related SOPs and performance metrics
- Manage RDC-Europe’s relationships with local and global vendors overseeing governance with our outsourced BPO provider, proactively partnering as appropriate
- Prepare presentations and provide critical inputs for various meetings and discussions with senior management (e.g., FSLT)
- Create a diverse and inclusive environment
- Oversee goal setting, sharing of best practices, workload balancing, teambuilding, professional development, and general operating parameters of the RDC – Europe’s IC&A function
- Act as a trusted advisor in the area of internal control and business processes
- Work together with counter parts in the other RDC to align processes and improvements
- Perform management testing on processes executed by the RDC
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of Internal Controls or equivalent Finance or Shared Services experience required
- Fluency in English and Czech required
- Professional experience at an organization with European capital requirements preferred
- Well versed in US GAAP preferred
- Management and supervisory experience required, preferably in a shared services environment
- Strong operational knowledge preferred
- Solid financial background with experience in accounting processes
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
- Solid experience of leading change
- Strong knowledge of business processes supported by transaction processing capabilities
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and manage an effective team of highly-qualified and culturally diverse professionals
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Manager, Accounting, BPO, Business Process, Internal Audit, Management, Finance, Operations