The primary responsibility is to assess the effectiveness of the Internal Control system which aims to ensure the application of Group management’s instructions and guidelines, the reliability of financial information, the compliance with laws and regulations and the efficiency of Group’s internal processes, particularly those contributing to the protection of its assets, and to provide recommendations to improve this effectiveness and follow-up their implementation, in order to help the organization accomplish its objective.
- Assess the design and the effectiveness of key process controls using relevant methodology as defined by Corporate (direct testing, self-assessment).
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Group policies, procedures and systems, of the financial reporting standards, and of accounting and auditing practices.
- Ensure Local process owners have validated the control design before testing.
- Organize and perform the tests as designed in test script :
- Schedule meeting with control owners, interview them
- Collect required documentation for inspection and/ or reperformance
- Conclude test result based on control evidence
- Organize self-assessment surveys.
- Produce written feedbacks to local or corporate personnel.
- Collect remediation action plans on deficiencies, and follow-up their completion.
- Exchange information with colleagues (best practices, benchmarks…).
- Perform "advocacy" activity on Internal Control at all levels of the Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in audit/control, accounting/controlling or process analysis (quality, consultancy )
- Overseas work or study experience would be advantageous
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels in the organization
- Travel requirement: 30% within China and the APAC region