Internal Control/Audit Manager Job - Czechia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – Europe in Prague, Czech Republic will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
The Internal Controls and Financial Compliance Manager will be responsible for and manage all compliance matters in the GFS Regional Centre. Additionally, the role will oversee the delivery and Assurance over all controls structure to the Account to Report, Order to Cash, and Procure to Pay workstreams executed by RDC in Prague. Activities included but not limited to trainings, self-assessments, local audit supports, systems access controls, Balance sheet review, Ad hoc request related to contents, Prepare Financial Control Questionnaire (FCQ), update controls in MSD global repository (ARCHER) upon process improvements and review /coordinate the compliance of the Genpact site.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and drive the self-assessment of internal controls in either the AtR, OtC, or PtP workstream
- Lead daily and month end control activities including reconciliation of balances on accounting tool (blackline)
- Oversee the review of SOX controls as prepared by BPO partner
- Review prepared SOX controls for work done in the RDC-Europe
- Oversee initiatives to address internal control enhancement where findings from self -assessment highlight areas that need to be addressed
- Supervise the on-site activities related to the vendor’s external audit to ensure audit runs smoothly
- Ensure vendor audit centralization processes are working efficiently and the project to increase vendor audit activities run out of the RDC-Europe is successful
- Manage the on-site activities related to MCAAS audit to ensure the audit runs smoothly
- Establish an updated Archer system for the AtR, OtC, or PtP processes
- Ensure processes are documented and process and internal control documentation is maintained
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for streamlining, simplifying and ensuring processes are working efficiently
- Ensure all compliance activities are coordinated across the site including leading a monthly compliance meeting of all relevant compliance stakeholders
- Manage, lead, and supervise ad hoc compliance projects
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance; professional accountancy qualification or equivalent required
- Third level degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline required
- Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing) required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ audit experience required, 3-5 of those years in a public accounting practice company
- Experience working in a Big 4 or similar audit environment strongly preferred
- Experience working in a SOX404 environment.
- Experience working in an organization providing services across multiple markets or geographies.
- Management and supervisory experience preferred, preferably in a shared service environment
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
- Knowledge of business processes supported by transaction processing capabilities
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to build, lead, and manage an effective team of highly-qualified and culturally diverse professionals
- High degree of integrity and personal ethics in implementing corporate policies and procedures
Technical Skills Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with SAP
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to lead a high-performing team of 2+ people in Internal Audit and Controls
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
- Team player with focus on collaboration
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: General Audit Job Title:Internal Control/Audit Manager
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Audit, Internal Audit, ERP, Manager, BPO, Finance, Technology, Management, Operations