Intern: QC, Global Instrumentation - United States
|External Posting Title||Intern: QC, Global Instrumentation|
|Job Description||This is a full-time internship from June-August 2017.|
The Global Equipment and Instrument Management Team Internship position provides a unique opportunity to support key functions of the Validation Lifecycle Management System. Working closely with the Global Equipment Management Team, the intern will support the migration, creation and organization of legacy content associated within Biogen electronic document management systems.
• Serve as Power User within the Electronic Validation Lifecycle Management System (KNEAT) to design a platform for legacy validation content management. Responsible for creating a new process to support the migration of legacy validation documentation from an existing Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) and then managing the legacy content within a centrally organized hierarchy in KNEAT.
• Serve as an Administrator/Architect for Global Analytical Instrument Validation (AIV) Team SharePoint Site. Responsible for organizing existing content, creating a team share site that allows team members to collaborate more effectively & efficiently, and utilizing the expanded features of SharePoint (timeline tracking and reporting).
• Assist with instructional training/demonstration sessions for navigation of new content within KNEAT and SharePoint.
• Prepare work instructions and/or “how-to” guidance documentation to support instructional training.
• Collaborate with Key Stakeholders to evaluate current process flow within SharePoint and KNEAT and recommend process improvements
|Location||Research Triangle Park, NC, US|
|Job Category||Internship, Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)|
|Qualifications||To participate in the Biogen Summer Intern Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:|
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
• Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program, returning to the academic program following Biogen internship assignment
• Minimum grade point average of 3.2 preferred
• At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
• Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
• The ideal candidate will have had at least one internship in a corporate environment
• Undergraduate student completed at least two years of program
• Desired majors include: Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Intern, Instrumentation, Developer, Engineer, Science, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology