Intern: Internal Audit - United States
|External Posting Title||Intern: Internal Audit|
|Job Description||The Biogen Internal Audit department is an independent assurance function that assists the Company in assessing the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies, and the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations.|
The candidate will function as an integral part of audit teams, working under the direction of the auditor-in-charge, to meet the objectives of audit activities within established deadlines. The candidate will focus on assessing the operational effectiveness of financial controls (i.e., Sarbanes-Oxley 404 testing), but may also participate in other audit projects as needed. This work may include:
• Test the design and operating effectiveness of Sarbanes-Oxley control activities
• Execute testing of international affiliate financial controls and processes
• Execute Test Plans of remediation actions related to higher and moderate risk audit observations across a wide away of financial, operational and IT audit areas.
• Assist in the planning activities and execute test plans on various Financial, Operational and IT audits
• Prepare presentations for different levels of management
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Finance, Internship|
• Excellent organization skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a team
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
• Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program, returning to the academic program following Biogen Co-op assignment
• Minimum grade point average of 3.2 preferred
• At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
• Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
• Major: Accounting
• Minimum Overall GPA: 3.3
• Minimum Accounting GPA: 3.5
• Number of Accounting Credits: 15
|About Biogen||Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia. |
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Internal Audit, Audit, Intern, Biotech, Finance, Entry Level, Science, Research