Intern: Global Process Analytical - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Intern: Global Process Analytical|
|Job Description||This is a full-time internship opportunity from June - August 2017.|
The Global Process Analytical (GPA) Intern position provides an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience and exposure to a Process Analytical global function. Working closely with the GPA team, the intern will support operations of several groups within GPA including but not limited to:
• Process Data Structuring
• Process Data Analysis
• Process Data Modeling
• Knowledge Management Tool Development
• Assist in the management and execution of GPA day-to-day operations
• Assist the GPA team with data structuring, visualization and basic statistical analysis
• Assess the team’s sharepoint space and propose a more visual environment
• Revise training material and suggest effective formats
|Location||Research Triangle Park, NC, US|
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Internship|
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint
• Understanding of Bio-Pharmaceutical production
• Ability to communicate in group settings
• Strong verbal and written skills
To participate in the Biogen Summer Intern Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
• Enrollment in a full-time graduate program, returning to the academic program following Biogen internship assignment
• At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
• Understanding of Bio-pharmaceutical production
• Proficient with the use of Microsoft solutions, particularly with Excel and Power Point
• Graduate student who has completed at least one semester of the program
• Desired majors include: Science, engineering, computer sciences or mathematics
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Analytics, Biotech, Intern, Developer, Engineer, Management, Science, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering