For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Business Summary
We are seeking an experienced Intern for our Safety Assesment site located in Ashland, OH.
Responsible for routine laboratory procedures (e.g., animal care, facility cleaning, labeling, lab support basic procedures, etc.), facility/groundskeeping, and/or other administrative/IT functions, as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Intern position.
- May perform area support cleaning, study set up, laboratory administrative functions, and/or basic animal husbandry.
- May clean rooms and/or facility to include possible handling of biohazard materials.
- May assist with use of balances and other laboratory equipment.
- May perform basic facility/groundskeeping functions.
- May perform administrative functions in various departments, including IT.
- Use Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLP), SOP’s and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Perform all other related duties as assignedassigned.
About Safety Assessment Business
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet