Intern - Analytical BioChemistry - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The summer intern will work on 1 major project over the 3-month internship. Projects will be matched with the candidate's skills and interests.
- Perform, under direct supervision, biochemical analyses of samples
- Analyze data and think critically
- Maintain an organized lab notebook
- Present your work at the end of the internship
- Ability to follow instructions and perform tasks
- Good team player
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong record keeping skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and discovering
- This intern position is geared towards students pursuing either a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering). At a minimum, the candidate should be enrolled in their second (sophomore) year of undergraduate study at the time of application.
- Reports to Khanh Ngo, QC Scientist 1
- Interacts closely with the Quality Control and Analytical Biohemistry departments
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.