Senior Brand Manager Transplant
Sales and Marketing : Specialist Brands
HCC Compliance Category:
Reports to: (title)
Marketing Manager, Sales and Marketing : Specialist Brands
Other Senior Brand Managers, Brand Managers, National Sales Manager, Key Account Managers, Medical Manager, EMEA Brand Team
Purpose of the Position:
To develop, implement and evaluate product specific marketing plans in conjunction with senior marketing personnel to achieve both short and long term business objectives, including sales and profitability targets, in accordance with the Astellas strategic marketing plan.
The following job description is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all-inclusive or limit of the duties of the position.
Core Tasks, Responsibilities and Authority:
- Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives. Ensure Sales and Marketing: Specialist Brands Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
- Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
- Key Accountabilities
- Role holder has overall responsibility for the allocated product/therapy area.
- Responsibility for total product associated expenditure, and sign off of purchase orders to agreed limits.
- Sets own priorities daily and acts on own initiative within specific confines of legal and procedural framework (product licenses, Company contracts, APBI code of practice).
- Responsible for setting the product strategy for the product(s) for the field force, in line with senior management and the whole portfolio. Ensuring that they are implemented in terms of monitoring.
- Effectively and efficiently networking across all departments e.g. Sales, Medical, Medical information, Healthcare Compliance, European Marketing and Senior Management.
- To support the production of robust product specific marketing plans which deliver sales and profitability targets, within agreed allocated budget.
- To develop robust tactical implementation plans in conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders, including senior sales managers.
- To ensure effective implementation of marketing plans within the relevant therapeutic area.
- To monitor and critically review implementation of tactical plans for assigned product(s) against key performance indicators and to take corrective action as required.
- To develop, source and ensure fulfilment of appropriate branding/support materials within agreed timelines and budgetary parameters.
- To contribute, in conjunction with senior marketing personnel to the analysis of the potential for current and future products through the effective use of robust modelling/forecasting methods and risk analysis.
- To monitor and control budgets within area of responsibility.
- To produce robust business cases to justify additional funding or changes in use of funds.
- To establish robust systems for the development of national key opinion leaders within the relevant therapeutic areas, and to have monitors in place to review activities.
- To develop therapeutic and market expertise within the relevant therapy area.
- To prepare marketing plans which comply with company standards and the ABPI Code of Practice.
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
Mandatory Compliance requirements: Enhanced
To act as Subject Matter Expert and Trusted Advisor to equip and enable personnel to understand and strictly adhere to the Astellas Group Code of Conduct and associated policies and procedures and other applicable laws and regulations. To include the ABPI (The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry) and EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceutical industries and Associates) Codes of Practice., relevant Healthcare Compliance policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
To fully understand, comply with, and challenge as appropriate. To raise any concerns in a timely manner with the relevant manager(s) including reference to the Ethics and Compliance team and/or Ethics and Compliance Helpdesk. Regularly undertake and refresh mandatory Ethics and Compliance training in order to maintain knowledge and expertise to enable informed consent and personal accountability.
Comply with the Astellas Way and Astellas Competences, in terms of expected values and behaviours, Astellas’ HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Sales Targets
- Promotional Budget
- Employees at all levels within the UK
- Management/Colleagues in USA/Japan
- Senior Management, European Marketing, Sales, Medical, Medical Information, Commercial, Market Access
- External Key Opinion Leaders
- External suppliers and consultants
- Professional and Regulatory bodies
Specific Physical Abilities:
Willing and able to undertake some UK/European, and on occasion, International travel (including staying away) This role is office based however travel is required in relation to the requirements of the role e.g. National/International Congresses, Sales Conferences, KOL development
Specific Environmental Factors:
Based at the EMEA Operations Headquarters - Chertsey, Surrey, UK.
Willing to work such additional hours as reasonably required by the business.
- Fosters a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations (internal/external).
- Credible leader: engages colleagues/team to effectively deliver strategic plan and secure the confidence of key stakeholders.
- Considers broader picture and embeds a ‘best practice’ culture to increase operational performance within a multi-cultural, matrix and global organization.
Innovation and Change:
- Acts as ambassador for change; proactively fosters a continuous improvement and ideas generation culture.
- Secures commitment from peers/colleagues to adopt new work processes, systems, and approaches to embed change.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for business performance (unit/function); consistently delivers high performance results addressing obstacles in a constructive manner.
- Proactively supports team/colleagues to deliver effectively; sets clear expectations, priorities, and objectives utilising resources for optimum performance.
- Demonstrates integrity, sound judgment and decision making skills. Addresses non-compliance.
- IT literate; able to utilize MS Office and virtual collaboration tools, database, compliance systems/applications, online knowledge repositories etc.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Strong collaborative skills: able to work cross-functionally and with virtual teams, to build trust, commitment and engagement. Adjusts approach to secure a positive and respectful outcome.
- Regularly seeks and provides constructive feedback with due recognition for individual contribution.
- Ability to deliver management reports and metrics and give ‘formal’ presentations and updates to diverse audience(s) (e.g. compliance, training, corrective actions, qualitative/quantitative updates etc.).
Developing & Inspiring:
- Creates an environment which fosters learning and development with appropriate stretch and ‘risk.’ Provides constructive feedback to utilise strengths and identify development needs.
- Adopts a coaching approach to develop others and build future leaders with due respect for diversity and inclusion.
Working as One Astellas:
- Acts as an ambassador of ethics and compliance; incorporates cross-cultural perspective when addressing challenging situations.
- Creates an environment which fosters mutual respect, integrity and value.
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
- Extensive experience of working as a Brand Manager
- Track record of successfully launching/growing pharmaceutical brands within the UK market
- Successful track record of selling products as a sales/hospital/NHS representative
- Detailed knowledge of NHS policies, structures and processes.
- Ability to assimilate product, market and environmental data and form a cohesive strategic brand plan
- Excellent planning and time management skills, and evidence of competence in job related areas
- People skills, effective communication, and interpersonal skills
- High standard of oral and written communication, including well developed presentation skills.
- Ability to explain brand plan and influence sales team to implement operational plan effectively
- Working with agencies to ensure that all operational activities are completed on time and within budget
- Working with other Brand Managers to ensure portfolio approach is adopted
- Ability to work with European Brand Team to ensure that UK Strategic Plan links to European strategy
- Numerical and Analytical skills
- In depth knowledge of the product, the competitors pertinent to relevant therapy area Key External Experts info. And marketplace.
- Develop effective relationships with external
- Sound understanding of clinical and market information
- Degree in health or business related subject or equivalent qualification.
- ABPI qualified.
- Marketing or Business Qualification preferred
- Demonstrable examples of ability to develop, coach and enable high performance teams and proactively promote best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- Degree education with professional qualification and/or extensive proven expertise.