Interdisciplinary postdoctoral position in gas sensor development - Belgium
We are looking for:
- A highly motivated candidate with a strong academic record and a PhD in Microelectronics, Materials Engineering, Analytical Chemistry or a related field in Science and Engineering.
- A candidate with a true passion for both chemistry and technology, willing to work in a high-tech environment as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Previous demonstrations of out-of-the-box thinking. Bonus points if you consider yourself a 'maker' and practical problem solver, we appreciate what you are doing!
- Since we target real-world applications through our research, an interest in valorization (e.g. spin-off creation) is considered a plus.
- Since we are a highly international team, proficiency in both written and spoken English is non-negotiable.
Please consider applying if you have several of thefollowing skills:
- Building sensor test setups, including computer interfacing (e.g. Labview or Matab) and data acquisition
- Experience in integrating new materials in microelectronics
- Sensor integration including circuit board layout and integration
- Cleanroom fabrication experience, including packaging and testing
- Good general knowledge of microelectronics, perferably including semiconductor and transistor physics
- Data analysis based on statistical concepts in chemometrics (least squares, principal component analysis, calibration and cross-validation, …), preferably using Matlab
- Other skills that you think are crucial for developing gas sensors (please explain in your cover letter!)
Preferred startingdate: Nov 2017 - Jan 2018
A different startingdate can be discussed.
- Postdoctoral opportunity to leverage your knowledge of sensors and chemometrics using state-of-the art sensing materials
- Interdisciplinary scientific challenges in the development of new gas sensors
- Potential for valorization of research in a real-world context
- Broaden your skill set by working at a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Outstanding career development and professional support
Situated in theheart of Western Europe, KU Leuven (University of Leuven) has been a center oflearning for nearly six centuries. Today, it is Belgium's largest andhighest-ranked university and, founded in 1425, one of the oldest and mostrenowned universities in Europe. The university caters to over 55 000 students,of which 18 % are international students from more than 140 countries. KULeuven's three doctoral schools provide internationally oriented PhD tracks formore than 4,000 doctoral students.
KU Leuven andaffiliated knowledge institutes provide fertile ground for innovation andhigh-tech entrepreneurship in the Leuven region. They also generate a hugeinflow of state-of-the-art knowledge that brings with it a myriad of innovativeideas for new and existing companies. This favorable climate forknowledge-driven entrepreneurship and innovation makes the Leuven region anattractive location for many high-tech companies. Most of the KU Leuven spin-off companies (> 100 in business) arelocated in or around Leuven. More info: http://amelootgroup.org/positions/