This job is currently Archived,
Integrated Business Planning Process Lead - Switzerland
Posted on : 04 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The IBP Process Lead works within Merck’s Supply Chain Management Center of Excellence (COE) Organization, which has responsibility to manage the design, build, implementation and sustainment of the Global Operating Model (GOM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other Enterprise wide processes and solutions.
- The IBP (also known as Sales & Operations Planning/S&OP) is a pivotal part of successful managing the complex interdependent and integrated set of processes that span the globe and cross several divisions.
The IBP Process Lead will have the following key responsibilities and objectives:
- Business Process Owner of the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process of the Global Operating Model (GOM). Responsible for the process design and supporting documentation, systems and templates.
- Ensures that the cross-divisional Executive and Operational Stakeholders remain aligned to the IBP process and obtain continuous Voice of Customer Feedback and alignment between business and process outcomes.
- Responsible to drive an increase in IBP maturity, consistency and efficiency across the sites, markets, regions and operating units.
- Develops and leads a global IBP Community of Practice focused on the implementation, overall design integrity and realization of targeted performance improvements.
- Chairs the IBP Process Council which oversees the process and handles any change request and enhancement to the IBP as part of continuous improvement and learning’s from the Community of Practice
- Provides Change Management, Leadership, Communications and Training support to key stakeholders and business process partners to move from current state to future state design.
- Coordinates across the sub process steps of: Product Review, Demand Review, Supply Review, Integrated Reconciliation and Management Business Review to create the linkages between forums for improved information flow.
- Responsible to establish the governance and sponsorship for the long-term sustainment and continuous process improvements as well as innovation.
- This will be done through extensive benchmarking within the Pharmaceutical peer community as well as to continuously look for best practices in other industries and apply them internally.
- Partners with GHH, Finance and MMD Operating units to establish co-ownership and accountability of IBP related content, deliverables and measurable outcomes.
- Ensures a level of excellence in execution, which is evaluated through a formal evaluation and certification process.
- Participates and facilitates the monthly execution of the Global Executive level Management Business Review meeting (currently called IEO).
- This position will report to the Executive Director COE/Enterprise Solutions.
Bachelor Degree or greater in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance and Marketing or other relevant field
- A Minimum of 7 years functional experience in managing/leading S&OP, Commercial Operations or Financial Planning with significant exposure to Commercial operations
- A minimum of 5 years of working with SAP APO, ECC. Experience with Rapid Response or relevant other DRP is a plus
- Proven know how in Business Analytics, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Word, MS Power Point,
- Direct hands on experience with Demand Planning Systems, Supply Chain Systems deployments
- Subject Matter Expertise in Process Management and a very thorough understanding of the interactions between Supply Chain, Commercial and Finance.
- Exhibit strong relationship building skills and have the ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams and influence them through a business focused approach. This is an essential skill for this role and the preferred incumbent will be able to maneuver fluidly on both the operational and tactical platform as well as understand the ways of working of the corporate environment and gain cross divisional trust and support.
- Strong team-player with leadership, interpersonal, presentation skills and communication skills;
- Excellent problem resolution skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role;
- Proven Track record of implementing complicated processes and continuous improvement initiatives (Project/Program Management)
- Related experience and previous proven track record at regional/global support roles is a plus as well as having worked in different divisions of Merck
- Proven ability to quickly learn existing Business Processes and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines (Internal capability, Standard industry best practice) in order to produce an optimal business solution
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Segment: Engineer, Pharmaceutical Sales, ERP, SAP, Program Manager, Engineering, Sales, Technology, Management