Instrumentation Engineer I Wilmington United States,
An Instrumentation Engineer I (Metrologist) is responsible to perform scheduled and unscheduled calibration, preventive maintenance, and repair work for equipment and instrumentation within analytical testing laboratories, manufacturing facilities, and packaging areas.
Examples of the instrumentation supported are as follows:
Temperature & pressure measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, torque testers, hardness testers, balances, furnaces, ovens, autoclaves, sterilizers, glassware washers, stability chambers / incubators, chart recorders, liquid-in-glass and digital thermometers, thermocouples / RTD’s, DPTs, humidity sensors, spectrophotometers, microplate readers, refractometers, pipettes, pH/conductivity/resistivity instruments, flow meters, HPLC- UV, DAD, Fluorescence, CAD, RI and Electrochemical detectors, GCs, AAs, tablet coaters, blenders, fluid-bed dryers, and an array of other laboratory, production and packaging equipment.
- Proficiently perform both scheduled and unscheduled calibration, preventive maintenance, and repair tasks for instrumentation within analytical testing laboratories, packaging areas, and manufacturing areas
- Perform calibrations and document representative measurement data which is traceable to the International System of Units (SI) using appropriate reference standards
- Accurately enter calibration results into the calibration tracking / documentation computer system (ProCalV5)
- Consistently produce clear, concise and accurate documentation of work performed (Right-First-Time)
- Troubleshoot, inspect, and repair test and measurement equipment in support of new projects and on-demand repair requests
- Autonomously plan, arrange and perform own work once monthly scheduled workload has been assigned; including necessary time to effectively manage on-demand assignments as they arise and are assigned
- Work closely with equipment users, engineers, and other technicians in the proper operation and/or selection of test and measurement equipment
- Utilize knowledge, experience and skills to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and other co-workers, and demonstrate the ability to affect short-term, long-term, and constant improvement objectives/goals of the department
- Interface and communicate effectively with direct Supv/Mgmt, all levels of personnel within the company’s various operational/functional areas, and with external manufacturers/suppliers/service vendors
Education And Experience:
- Minimum of a two year degree in a technical discipline (A.S. or A.A.S.), or equivalent military education (60-credit hours) and training
- 1-2 years previous calibration experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a GMP environment preferred
- ASQ Calibration Technician Certification (CCT) and/or military PMEL training is a plus
Knowledge , Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of metrological traceability and its indelible importance within a quality calibration program
- Excellent mechanical ability and working electrical knowledge
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Requires a professional attitude, strong math aptitude and superior problem solving abilities
- Commitment to maintaining technical knowledge and skills, perform all work with high integrity and confidence, display ability to listen, project effective communication skills, be detail orientation, and display the ability to interpret moderate-to-complex technical and statistical information
- Applies job skills, company policies and SOPs to complete a wide range of moderately difficult tasks on a daily basis
- The position requires a self-starter, someone who exhibits critical thinking, someone who is morally and ethically sound and maintains very high integrity, someone who has the proven ability to multi-task and routinely complete assignments on time, someone who is able to think strategically and execute on ideas , someone who shows good attendance and punctuality, and someone who is able to work flexible hours when needed.
This positions requires less than 5% travel.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Employee will routinely perform job duties independently, with minimal supervision, once adequate training and direction have been provided
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and sit regularly throughout each work-day. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms; taste or smell. Work often requires repetitive motion; typically motions of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. There is no special vision requirement for this job. The employee may occasionally work in wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, in high precarious places, near fumes, airborne particles or toxic chemicals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Alcami is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Find a Job Find Candidates