- By making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
- Our company unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- For more than 138 years our company has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
- We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site, we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
Main Purpose and Objectives of Position
- Provide Instrumentation and Control Engineering support & oversight to the following groups as required
- Site maintenance organisation
- Small projects group
- Global facilities delivery
- Provide instrumentation engineering consultancy to major corporate projects & LTC as required
- Maintain and improve the site instrumentation standards & master specifications.
- Lead and investigate new technologies and approaches to instrumentation for the plant site.
- Primary contact for instrumentation issues with external agencies and regulatory bodies.
- In line with the job outlined above, the following are typically the key tasks that would be expected of the role:
- Provide direction to Instrument Engineers in the Site Projects Group and those working on Corporate Projects.Oversee selection process for Contract Instrument Engineering personnel and Instrument Contractor Companies delivering instrumentation installation/maintenance/repair services to site.
- Primary site contact for corporate instrumentation and control engineering personnel.Second line support for plant instrumentation issues as they arise.
- Ensure that site instrument installations and instrumentation equipment are installed /maintained/operated in accordance with all relevant National/EU legislation and applicable IS/EN standards.In co-operation with the Plant Electrical Engineer, ensure that instrument I.S. installations comply with the relevant electrical requirements for safety.
- Ensure implications of forthcoming legislative requirements, standards or codes of practice related to installation, use and maintenance of instrumentation that are likely to have a direct site impact are understood and implemented.
Owner of the following:-
- Site instrumentation loops and their integration with the site automation system.
- System Integrity program, develop, direct and implement the system integrity programme for the site.
- This will involve assessing the criticality of the site's instrument loops control systems and implementing testing and inspection programmes designed to improve the reliability of the site's control systems. This programme will be required to comply with Seveso, GIPSM and other regulations.
- Be the site SME for all new development and approaches to instrument engineering technology design and installation.
- Maintain a currency in the instrumentation engineering profession.
- Provide high level tech support and strategic direction to maintenance department either directly or through technician/specialist for appropriate maintenance of instrumentation on site.
- Incident investigation support where required
- Approve and support value adding projects to improve instrumentation reliability.
- Primary site contact for corporate and other external audits which relate to instrumentation on site.
- This includes ensuring all personnel on site engaged in instrument work, have appropriate qualifications, training and experience for the work which they perform.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Instrumentation Engineering, Applied Physics & Instrumentation, Chemical Engineering or possess an equivalent nationally recognised professional qualification (e.g. C. Eng.)
- Minimum of 8 -10 years relevant industrial experience, ideally in a Pharma/Bio pharma environment.
- Demonstrated excellent technical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate decision-making.