Instrument Calibration Technician - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Perform multi-disciplinary instrument calibration without supervision to approved procedures.
- Maintain proper calibration records.
- Work as a team with other Calibration Center Staff,
- Perform an initial assessment of instrument faults arising during calibration.
- Maintain laboratory systems for calibration equipment storage
- Use computer databases for equipment management.
- Setting up and programming of reference equipment.
- Quickly learn the use of new reference equipment & methods.
- Component level changes to instruments including the installation of surface mount devices.
- Planning and execution of instrument calibration on client sites including client liaison
- Assist Engineering staff with the development & evolution of calibration methods & reference equipment. ·
- Preparation of technical calibration reports for clients.
- Use computer based systems for the processing of calibration data.
- Ensure all reference standards and calibration equipment are maintained and used in a suitable manner. ·
- Use of manual handling equipment including a fork lift
- Knowledge and experience of instrument calibration.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office software packages.
- Be able to use software packages to perform instrument calibrations which will include following instructions and data collection after a period of training.
ONC (Level 3) in Electronic Engineering or Equivalent.
- HNC (Level 4) in Electronic Engineering
- Measurement NVQ Level 3