This job is currently Archived,
Institutional Customer Representative - Antibacterial Long Beach United States,
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Institutional Customer Representative is a key member of the Customer Team and plays a critical role in supporting our company's customer centric business model.
- He/she is responsible for working with the Customer Team to understand and identify customer needs, supporting pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, keeping with our company s values and standards as governed by our policies and ensuring that our company is viewed as demonstrating better health outcomes to healthcare professionals and their patients.
- The Institutional Customer Representative demonstrates professionalism and leadership by modeling the required knowledge for successful execution of all Field Sales competencies.
- Communicates product information in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer and account; customizes discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Engages in informed discussions about products with HCP customers knowing when/how to seek and provide additional information
- Within institutional accounts, acts as primary point of contact for customer, meets with key customers/personnel to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers (IDS, AMC, DOC, VAs, DOD, IH) /network structure, customer needs and identifies business opportunities
- For Institutional accounts/HCPs, coordinates with customer team to develop customer strategy outlining strategy for interactions/ relationship, solutions and potential offerings for customer
- Shares learnings and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs
- Demonstrates a focus on better health outcomes (considers the HCP & patient experience)
- Provides input into resource allocation decisions across customers
- Identifies and selects programs/services available in the library of our company's "resources" to address customer needs
- Maintains current understanding of Institutional and practice structure, business model, key influencers/ network structure and makes information available to relevant stakeholders
- Influences beyond their specific geography or product area
- Embraces and maximizes new technological capabilities and channels to engage customers
- Engages in all job responsibilities and activities with the highest standards of ethics and integrity, with particular emphasis on compliance with all relevant laws, policies and regulations.
- The Institutional Customer Representative demonstrates the ability to execute at each stage of the sales process. He/she creates a compelling and logical rationale in positioning our company s products versus the competition by focusing on appropriate patient types and use of supportive approved resources
- Responsible for education about company products in Academic Medical Centers through interactions with medical and surgical teaching programs
- Presentation and execution of approved product contracts in targeted accounts
- Responsible for securing favorable access via the formulary process in targeted institutions
- Demonstrates the ability to stay ahead of market trends, assesses impact of dynamics on current business state and makes proactive recommendations to meet the future needs of the business. Demonstrates innovation, resilience and is able to adapt to ambiguous/evolving business environments
- Demonstrates advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer healthcare needs. Uses the insights to position our company products and collaborates with customers on focused and customized business strategy
- Demonstrates the ability to drive results by appropriately managing the total assigned product portfolio by prioritizing individual opportunities and plans execution through customer segmentation, targeting and business analysis
- Articulates the complexities of the payer environment recognizing the role each stakeholder plays in the ability to access the company product portfolio
- Demonstrates the ability to apply understanding of account needs and inter dependencies in order to develop and execute account plans. Collaborates and models teamwork with extended members of the Account Team in the development of long-term account plans and customer centric solutions to improve value for both customers and patients
- Demonstrates the ability to embrace and maximize current and future technological capabilities and multi-channel opportunities to engage customers
- Demonstrates high-level collaboration skills to optimally maximize customer interactions and territory management with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and manage both individual customer and account business to business relationships with difficult to access customers and accounts
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively and employ a business owner mindset during business cycles undergoing a high-degree of change, including flexing across customer segments, product portfolios, and working in flexible matrix configurations
- Demonstrates high-level compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Overnight travel: 10%
Preferred: MBA/MS or advanced medical degree
- At least 2 years of experience working in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical/Medical Device/Healthcare, Business to Business Sales, Consulting, Customer Service or Military.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Self- directed and organize
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities with demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining relationships in an academic or professional setting
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and good judgment
- Valid Driver s License and ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Minimum one (1) year of account management or sales experience in healthcare institutions (acute care hospitals)
- Minimum of 5 years pharma, biotech or medical device sales
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated success in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry or environment where compliance to laws and policies is critical
- Hospital selling experience preferable in the current geography/accounts
- Therapeutic area sales experience preferred
- High level of business acumen and account management skill
- Current relationships with key opinion leaders within designated account preferred.
- Demonstrated strong sales performance in past roles (i.e. sales awards, etc.)
- New account development essential
- Leadership, planning and organization, self-motivation and initiative, ability to learn, understand and convey complex information.
- Understanding of the value and importance of approaching job responsibilities with ethics and integrity and working in a highly compliant environment
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Segment: Biotech, Customer Service Representative, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Medical, Science, Customer Service, Sales, Healthcare
Long Beach CA US
Find a Job Find Candidates